How would you like this to be your life?
Play football in college with a bunch of future NFL players.
Move to Los Angeles after college and become a millionaire by age 26.
Currently be the star of a Bravo TV show, the premier realtor for Hollywood’s elite, and sell 1 million dollars a day in properties.
I’m guessing that’s a yes.
Here’s what you might not know about this story.
When Josh Altman, the star of Million Dollar Listing and the most successful realtor in Los Angeles currently, first moved to LA he had no money and could only afford to rent a spot on a couch in a frat house for $200 a month.
He worked in a mail room for a year before he and his brother earned enough money to buy their first property.
After making his first million, he lost everything and had to shutter his mortgage business 6 months later.
This is why I love hosting The School of Greatness. I get to hear the authentic, whole story of the super successful, which helps me see how I can follow suit.
Josh and I met on a photo shoot we were both being featured in and I was struck by his authenticity.
When I had him in my studio for this interview, I found the same thing.
Despite being filmed 10 months out of the year for a major reality TV show, Josh keeps it real and openly shares his stories of failure and success in the hope that others can learn from his experiences.
Not only did I learn from him, but I loved acknowledging him for how hard he works, for how he applies sports to business, and how much he loves his job.
Welcome to a candid look at how to win big, lose big, and make it all back with hustle in Episode 233 with Josh Altman.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- How much of your success in business do you credit to your time in sports?
- Why did you decide to go on a Bravo TV show in the first place?
- How do you cultivate confidence while maintaining grace and humility?
- What’s the biggest flop you ever invested in?
- How do you create a win-win in a business deal?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What calculated confidence is and how to portray it powerfully
- Why you need to know your product extremely well to be at the top in sales
- The power of a dream team that you can trust to do business with
- What Josh learned from his worst purchase (at the worst time)
- How Josh prepares mentally and physically to go into a big negotiation
- The keys to balancing an intimate relationship with a partner you work with
- What his “ready, fire, aim” mentality is and where it comes from
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- It’s Your Move: My Million Dollar Method for Taking Risks with Confidence and Succeeding at Work and Life
- Million Dollar Listing
- FOLLOW JOSH
TEXT “GREATNESS” TO 33444 TO GET ADDED TO THE EARLY BIRD BOOK PREVIEW LIST! (OR VISIT HTTP://GREATNESSBOOK.COM)
- Music Credit: Digital Hero by Kovacs Kalman
You may also like these episodes:
- How a Gang Kid Becomes a Multimillionaire Entrepreneur
- Aubrey Marcus: How to Build a Multi-Million Dollar Business with Passion and Authenticity
- How to Lead a Team and Scale Your Business with Than Merrill
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Josh is a rare blend of super successful and very authentic. What did you learn from him that surprised you?