If you married jazz with philosophy and filmed it, you would get today’s guest on The School of Greatness.
I met Jason Silva in November on a cruise, Summit at Sea, and we instantly connected minds.
That’s probably because Jason’s mind is one of the most incredible ones on the planet and I was in awe.
I had seen his amazing YouTube videos, Shots of Awe, before and learned so much from how he explains deep philosophical ideas.
If you’ve never seen his videos, check them out right now. The craziest part is he doesn’t even script them!
Needless to say, I was very excited to interview him for the podcast and tap into his brain.
When we sat down, I asked him about the purpose of life, which led to some incredible tangents, and we dove into all kinds of questions.
I was especially fascinated by his thoughts on our relationship with technology and imagination, since his films use both of those.
I am so excited to introduce you to the philosophical artist Jason Silva in Episode 281.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What do you think is the master plan? Why are we here?
- Do you wish you were born in 200 years so you could see what we will create in the future?
- What are the questions you’re asking lately?
- What are 3 questions we should ask ourselves?
- What’s the most challenging experience you’ve had and what did you learn from it?
- How do we tap into our imaginations more?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The power of the flow state and how to get there
- About cognitive ecstasy
- How Jason’s mother inspired his fascination with existentialism and philosophy
- How our relationship with new technology affects our minds (and becomes part of it!)
- The idea that we are going to be able to live inside our imaginations
- The future of cognitive creation (experience other people’s minds)
- How to design positive feedback loops in our heads
- That you are who you think other people think you are
- How to get out of a panic attack
- The importance of getting enough sleep
- The power of catharsis
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Shots of Awe
- The Extended Mind Thesis
- The Hedonistic Imperative
- Brave New World
- Love Actually
- When Harry Met Sally
- Brain Games
- A Captivating Imagining of a Baby’s Mind
- FOLLOW JASON
- Check out Organifi, my favorite healthy green juice mix, and get 20% off when you use the code “lewis”
- Check out Thrive and their amazing market of healthy food and lifestyle products at amazing prices. Get 1 month free membership and 20% off your order by clicking the link below:
HAVE YOU READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET? ORDER A COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/BOOK
- Music Credit: Disconscient by G&J
You may also like these episodes:
- A Conversation on Poetry, Life, and the Vulnerability of Pursuing Dreams
- Open Your Mind and Move the World with Prince Ea
- The Philosophical Guide to Turning Trials Into Triumph with Ryan Holiday
Did you enjoy the podcast?
WOW. Mind blown.