If you’ve ever seen one of Prince Ea’s videos on social media, you can skip this intro and head straight to the podcast.
But if you have no idea who he is, allow me to introduce you to a rising star in the world of spoken word artists.
I first discovered him a few years back when I saw one of his videos on Facebook.
It blew me away.
Since then, he has continued to spread powerful messages and create beautiful short films on YouTube that have millions of views.
I’ve worked for months to get him on The School of Greatness and it finally happened.
Prince Ea, born as Richard Williams, is a St. Louis native who not only creates amazing spoken word pieces, but started a movement to support embracing intelligence and unity in the community (Make SMART Cool).
He has become a world-wide inspirational phenomenon, sharing his incredibly inspiring messages through spoken word, music, and film online and has won several awards (in addition to performing with artists like Ludacris).
In our conversation, Prince dives deep into his journey of becoming a renowned artist, what he’s had to break through to get there, and how he has learned to use the Internet as a platform for spreading good while keeping a healthy relationship with it.
It’s an amazing conversation to say the least.
I can’t wait to share this awesome interview with you in Episode 202 with world-changer Prince Ea.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- How did you pick the name Prince Ea?
- Why do so many kids think it’s not cool to be smart?
- How old were you when you first thought something was wrong with society?
- Why is posting video on Facebook so powerful right now?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The evolution of hip hop (where it started and where it is now)
- Why so many kids learn better by doing rather than listening or reading (me and Prince included!)
- Prince’s definition of spirituality
- His early YouTube strategies to get followers
- How long it takes to make one of his videos (including writing, production, finishing, etc.)
- His vision to create a video that gets as popular as Gangnam Style
- The dangers of comparing minds with someone else
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- I Am That
- Tao Te Ching
- Can We Auto-Correct Humanity
- Backwards Rappers (Prince’s first big YouTube video)
- Make Smart Cool
- Immortal Technique
- FOLLOW PRINCE EA
- Music Credit: From the Dust – Soryntheria by ArgoFox Creative Commons
You may also like these episodes:
- What a Musical Genius Can Teach You About Creativity and Chasing Your Dreams with CJ Baran
- Alex Day: Hacking the Music Industry by Leveraging YouTube to Skip a Record Label
- A Conversation on Poetry, Life, and the Vulnerability of Pursuing Dreams
Did you enjoy the podcast?
If you haven’t watched one (or several) of Prince’s videos, be sure to click on one of the links above. They are amazing. Which is your favorite?