Interested in learning how to build a life and business around doing what you love? So am I. Let’s connect.
If you’ve never seen a Chicken Soup for the Soul book, I don’t know where you’ve been.
But did you know that the same original author of that wildly successful series (7 NYT best-sellers at the same time!) is also one of the experts interviewed in The Secret?
And did you know he coaches some of the top leaders and entrepreneurs in the world?
Actually, you might.
Today’s guest on The School of Greatness has an incredible bio and reputation and it was an honor to sit down with him for this interview.
Jack Canfield has given so much wisdom, coaching, service, and insight into the world of self-improvement, positive mindset, and success that it’s hard to imagine it without him.
His landmark book The Success Principles has been out for 10 years. But I wanted to take the opportunity to talk to him about it in person because it is one of the first books that helped turn the light on in my mind.
In our conversation, we go over a lot (and Jack references a ton of books and people I link below). But our discussion keeps coming back to the basic, core success principles his book is founded on.
Ideas like gratitude, abundance, kindness, clarity.
You know, my favorites.
If you haven’t heard Jack speak before, you’re in for a treat. He is an incredible human, speaker, thought leader, and giver.
I am so excited to bring you this Episode 143 with the legendary Jack Canfield.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What has brought you the most publicity and awareness out of all your accomplishments?
- Have any of the 10 principles of your book changed since writing it?
- What is fear to you and how do you overcome it?
- How do the people who we surround ourselves with affect us?
- What is “speaking with impeccability”?
- How does someone in a bad situation practice positive self-talk?
- Why do some people think you need to spend more to make more?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How The Success Principles takes the inspiration from Chicken Soup books and shows you HOW
- That kids in China learn English in schools by reading Chicken Soup books
- His tips for networking at events if you’re shy (stand by the door and act like it’s your party)
- How to visualize positive outcomes instead of negative ones to overcome fear
- Why he volunteered to be a chauffeur for someone he wanted to learn from
- The Steps of Forgiveness:
1 – Own your anger
2 – Take responsibility
3 – Explain what you want
4 – Express forgiveness
- How negative self-talk affects our brains (science on this!)
- What uncommon appreciation is – verbally appreciate someone five times a day
- How to go on a “rampage of appreciation”
- What to look for when making an investment (go where there is a line of people waiting)
- How he manages his emails (so he only gets a few a day) – answer your emails in one block at a time
- The daily review: at the end of your day, ask yourself how you could have improved on your day in relation to your goals and then visualize those changes
- Plus much more…
BONUS VIDEO 🙂
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The Success Principles(TM) – 10th Anniversary Edition: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
- Chicken Soup for the Soul books
- The Secret
- Moses Ma
- Nick Ortner
- The Fear Cure: Cultivating Courage as Medicine for the Body, Mind, and Soul
- Ivan Misner
- Lou Tice
- The Success System That Never Fails
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World
- John Gray
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book)
- Masaru Emoto
- Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul
- Joe Vitale
- Esther and Jerry Hicks
- David Bach
- The Wealthy Barber, Updated 3rd Edition: Everyone’s Commonsense Guide to Becoming Financially Independent
- Bob Proctor
- Robert Kiyosaki
- Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life
- Instant Income: Strategies That Bring in the Cash
- FOLLOW JACK
Have you signed up for The School of Greatness Academy yet? This is my six-month online course and mastermind that will change your life and business. If you have what it takes, apply today! I want to see you make something great. 🙂
- Music Credit: Aeronaut by Waysons
You may also like these episodes:
- 7 Simple Steps to Master the Game of Money with Tony Robbins
- Gary Vaynerchuk: Inside the Mind of Entrepreneurial Greatness
- Tim Ferriss: Self Talk, Visualization, and the Rituals for Success
Did you enjoy the podcast?
It was really cool of Jack to let me come up to his house for this interview. He is an incredible man and I loved connecting with him (and playing pool). His success principles are all powerful. Which one hit you most?