You know when you meet someone and you just instantly feel like they are family?
I love it when that happens.
And I love that being host of The School of Greatness allows me to meet some of the coolest, best people on the planet.
Today’s guest is one of the hardest working, smartest, and most talented people I’ve met. And he feels like my Italian brother.
Fabio Viviani is an incredibly successful and accomplished chef who is also a restaurant owner (of many amazing restaurants), a NYT best-selling author, an entrepreneur, and a star of Bravo’s Top Chef. He has so many awards and amazing projects he’s working on that I could list them for days.
Of course, the things I love most about Fabio are actually his incredible work ethic, hustle, and heart. Everything he said about how he has created his success is in line with what I believe.
To top it all off, he even taught me how to make incredible homemade pasta in my own kitchen.
This interview was so much fun and I am so excited to share the passion of Fabio Viviani with you in Episode 218.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Did you always dream of coming to America?
- Where would your life be if you hadn’t gone on Top Chef?
- Would you ever have your own show?
- How do you get it all done?
- Why do you think so many people aren’t willing to do the work?
- What is behind the “overnight” business miracles?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The ROI for using social media wisely
- Fabio got his first job at 11 years old working nights to pay for his mom’s healthcare
- He has been self-employed since he was 19 years old
- How he re-created his success in America arriving half a million dollars in debt and not speaking English
“Circumstances don’t define who you’re going to be; it’s how you react to circumstances that’s going to define who you’re going to be.”
- The difference between a toxic environment and being a toxic person
- How Fabio has created a healthy lifestyle in a traditionally unhealthy career field
- Fabio turned down the opportunity to be on Top Chef 4 times before he went on the show
- The difference between licensing and just supporting another company
- How to run multiple businesses at the same time while staying true to yourself
- Why Fabio wakes up at 5 am every morning and gets work done before 8 am
- How to make Monday morning better than Friday night
- Fabio’s top tips for time management (he’s a wizard at this!)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Top Chef Season 5
- Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, CA
- Cutthroat Kitchen
- Fabio’s American Home Kitchen: More Than 125 Recipes With an Italian Accent
- FOLLOW FABIO
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
You may also like these episodes:
- The World’s Hottest DJ On Hard Work, Passion, and Living the Life You Want
- How to Turn Your Passion Into a YouTube Phenomenon with Cassey Ho
- How to Build a Business and Life You Love with Marie Forleo
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Fabio instantly felt like one of my brothers once we met. I love this guy! What are you so passionate about that you would work like he has to create success in?