Interested in learning how to build a life and business around doing what you love? So am I. Let’s connect.
Some of us feel like we were just made to do something MORE with our lives.
Some of us know what that something is. But some don’t.
It took me a while (a few years actually) to figure out what my mission is in life.
And it took today’s guest on The School of Greatness, Marie Forleo, a few years as well.
But what is undeniable, as you will see when you listen to this episode, is that if you are focused, passionate, and determined, you CAN do that something more.
No obstacle is too big and no problem is unsolvable.
I have been looking forward to interviewing my good friend Marie on the podcast for a long time. But she doesn’t grant a lot of interviews.
She is an incredibly focused and successful entrepreneur, philanthropist, thought leader and coach.
When we sat down in New York City last month to discuss her journey and her current business, B School, I wanted to ask her about the process of following her own passion to her incredible success today.
You will not be disappointed with the answers.
Marie Forleo shares her best nuggets of wisdom about business, relationships, finding your passion, and how to find joy along the way in this powerful Episode 139.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Did you ever think you would be where you are when you were starting out?
- How does someone take the initial steps to figure out what they are passionate about?
- How can people who are starting out on their journey dream big but also be realistic?
- Why is it so important to master things we don’t really like to do along the way?
- How can we start undoing bad habits that don’t serve us?
- How do you stay grounded in the midst of so much going on?
- What are 2 or 3 things that are key to running a successful business?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why she felt like a loser in her early twenties (even though she was driven, smart, and making money)
- Why you can’t think your way into your passion
- How instant gratification sets us up to be unhappy: you are always looking ahead to something in the future that will make you happy (but when you achieve it you aren’t satisfied)
- Her philosophy of making “is-ness” your business – living in the present and loving it but also being excited about where you are going
- That it took her about 7 years (from when she started) until she was full-time into her current business
- How opportunities came to her because she engages in whatever she’s doing ex. she was a hip hop instructor at a gym then became a Nike Elite trainer
- Why gratitude is such a transformational daily practice for everyone (especially when you’re feeling down)
- Why she ALWAYS makes her to-do list for the next day each night
- How she finds coaches – seek out an expert in whatever challenge or opportunity is right in front of you
- That just because a relationship ends, it doesn’t mean it was a failure
- How finding clarity about what your successful business looks like is key
- If you are struggling with comparing yourself to a peer in business, stop following them on social media
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out Marie’s B-School! Enrollment opens on February 18th and BONUS: If you sign up through my link here (the picture above or the link at the beginning of this line), you will also get signed up for the School of Greatness Academy ($500 value)! This is a huge opportunity and an amazing deal. You must sign up through that link then send us your receipt at [email protected] to get access. We will cross check the B School applicants from our link and sign you up for School of Greatness Academy, starting March 1st!
- Pencils of Promise
- Save the Children USA
- Girl Up
- Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams
- Tony Robbins
- FOLLOW MARIE
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
Have you signed up for The School of Greatness Academy yet? This is my six-month online course and mastermind that will change your life and business. If you have what it takes, apply today! I want to see you make something great. 🙂
- Music Credit: Trophy Wife by Jai Wolf
You may also like these episodes:
- The 3 Keys to Designing a Life You Wouldn’t Trade for Anything
- The 10 Essential Truths to Upgrade Your Life (and Crush 2015!)
- How to Envision and Achieve Your Dreams (with Transformation Coach Chris Lee)
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Marie is a complete inspiration. Her passion and drive makes ME want to hustle more and give more. What inspired you most about what she said?