I had the amazing opportunity to speak at World Domination Summit last summer.
If you haven’t heard of WDS, it’s a huge event put on by my good friend Chris Guillebeau each summer in Portland, OR.
He brings in amazing minds to speak to his tribe, and it’s an incredible experience.
Needless to say, after partcipiating in this event, I got really inspired to create my own for the School of Greatness tribe.
More on that soon 🙂
When Chris came out with a new book this year, I had to have him back on the podcast to talk about it.
If you listened to his first episode on the show, you already know Chris is an amazing travel hacker, NYT bestselling author, and entrepreneur.
But our conversation took quite a different turn from the usual topics we jam about.
Chris unexpectedly lost his brother last year and has been in the grieving process since then. He also accomplished a major life goal of visiting every country in the world.
So you could say his life had some big transitions recently.
We discuss that, how to manage emotions in a healthy way, and what to do next in Episode 312.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
“It’s much harder in life to be the establishment than it is to be the underdog.”
Some questions I ask:
- Where did your anxiety start? (23:45)
- What are you learning about yourself from the process of grieving your brother’s passing? (29:09)
- What’s so scary about living in the moment and not having a plan? (32:12)
- Do you think joyfulness and purposefulness is a choice? (37:28)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How to speak to and connect with a broad, diverse audience (3:44)
- If you’re trying to figure out what your passion is, make sure to do this (7:46)
- Why winning all the time isn’t necessarily a good thing (8:33)
- When it’s a good idea to give up (9:49)
- How Chris dropped out of high school but still went to college (16:02)
- What it feels like to be a teenager without hope (16:52)
- What to do with anxiety while you are succeeding (20:12)
- Why “just sucking it up” doesn’t always work (24:49)
- The best thing to say to someone who is grieving (48:51)
- The true definition of influence and how we each have it (54:28)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Born for This: How to Find the Work You Were Meant to Do
- Cal Newport
- Lissa Rankin
- Jonathan Fields
- Scott Harrison
DOWNLOAD FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THIS EPISODE HERE
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
HAVE YOU READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET? ORDER A COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/BOOK
- Music Credit: Adventures by A Himitsu
You may also like these episodes:
- The Science of Healing Emotional Injuries
- Find and Follow Your Purpose with Jeff Goins
- Why Anger, Guilt and Fear Cultivate Success (and the Art of Emotional Agility)
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I really appreciated Chris’ willingness to open up about tough stuff. Could you relate?
“It actually takes a certain amount of self-actualization to be able to say ‘here’s what brings me joy.'”
let us know your thoughts