Interested in learning how to build a life and business around doing what you love? So am I. Let’s connect.
If you’re like me, you have struggled (many times perhaps) with the big question: What should I do for my career?
And if you’re like me, you’ve tried a lot of different things.
Do you feel stressed about finding THE THING you’re supposed to do?
If so, today’s episode of The School of Greatness is for you.
Jeff Goins is a popular blogger and author who just wrote a book on this very idea. But what he found out in the process of writing it my surprise you.
Jeff had nearly finished the book (a seven step guide to finding the work you’re meant to do) when he decided to collect a few stories to beef it up.
The people he talked to to get these stories opened his eyes to a whole other side of finding your purpose. And he re-wrote the book.
In our conversation, we cover the heart of the matter: what if we don’t have one purpose in this life? What if we’re built to do many things and it’s about the journey of discovering those talents that teaches us what we’re here to learn?
Jeff tells some amazing stories in this episode of the people he met, and we dive deep into both of our own personal experiences finding our work.
If you’ve ever wondered about these ideas, get ready to be inspired and validated by Episode 160 with Jeff Goins.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- How did you discover what you’re meant to do?
- Why did you get depressed after you became a successful author?
- What is the first step to discovering your calling?
- How do you know when to listen to your fears and when to ignore them?
- Why do we have such a commitment problem as a society?
- What is accidental apprenticeship?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- There is no one moment you reach when you figure out what you’re meant to do
- Why waiting to “figure it out” before you take a step forward in your career is a bad idea
- The role of catastrophes to shift our trajectory off our plan and onto what we should be doing
- The thing that you do with your life is not just about you
- The value in looking back at your life to know what to do next
- Why we feel fulfilled when we are doing things that make us uncomfortable
- A polymath – someone who has different interests and skills
- Why we need to think of mentorship as having many people in your life who you learn from – not one formal relationship
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The Art of Work: A Proven Path to Discovering What You Were Meant to Do
- The 4 Hour Workweek
- Kyle Maynard
- The Secret of My Success
- Ryan Holiday
- Chris Guillebeau
- Robert Greene
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Ginny Phang
- Seth Godin
- Sarah Kay
- FOLLOW JEFF
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
- Music Credit: Feels by BOARCROK
You may also like these episodes:
- The Secret to Successful Goal-Setting (and Having Your Best Year Ever!)
- The 3 Keys to Designing a Life You Wouldn’t Trade for Anything
- How to Handle Any Life Transition with Jon Acuff
Did you enjoy the podcast?
This interview was awesome. Jeff nailed it on the head when he spoke about the journey of finding all the things you are built to do. What hit home for you?