It’s not often that I get to be interviewed by a good friend.
So when I do, I open up and dive in.
This is what happened when my good buddy Mark Shapiro, a former marketing executive at Showtime Networks Inc., and now the host of The One & Only Podcast and a transformational coach, interviewed me recently for his podcast.
By the end of the episode, I realized it had been such a good conversation, my audience would probably appreciate hearing it as well.
So, with Mark’s permission, I’m sharing this episode, which Mark hosts, on The School of Greatness, to give you a deeper glimpse into who I am, what has shaped me, and where I am at currently.
This is a fun interview as well because Mark includes twists like The Truth Challenge and The Rapid Fire Round, which I think you’ll enjoy.
If I had to put a theme on this conversation, it would be authenticity and vulnerability, which is how Mark and I became friends in the first place.
Get ready to learn a lot more about what makes me tick in Episode 272 with guest host Mark Shapiro.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions Mark asks me:
- How have these events and milestones impacted who you are or were they simply circumstances that helped you see who you are?
- Do you believe you need results to have self-confidence?
- What did you learn about yourself in the experience of your book success?
- What does your 100% look like?
- How did the dream of your book differ from the reality?
- How do you define success?
- Do some of your past fears still come up for you around success?
- What fears or circumstances still get in the way for you?
- What are the most important decisions you make as a leader (daily or annually)?
- What is one behavior or trait that could derail you as a leader from your vision?
- What are the prices you’ve paid (or seen others pay) for greatness?
- What particular instances is it tough for you to be vulnerable in?
- What is one area of your life that you know you could be more real with yourself in?
- What can we expect from you next?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The time I called Mark a scared little girl (and we’re still friends)
- Stories from my digital detox Hawaii vacation a few months back
- My perspective on my handball journey
- What my big fears are
- What failure and success mean to me
- What I do to ensure my constant growth as a leader
- Insight into my next book!
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The One and Only Podcast
- Katherine Woodward Thomas
- The Art of Listening: How to Master Relationships Through Communication
- FOLLOW MARK
WANT ME TO READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK TO YOU? GET YOUR AUDIBLE COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/AUDIBLE
- Music Credit: Supernova by EzaOne
You may also like these episodes:
- Vulnerability Is Power
- A Conversation on Poetry, Life, and the Vulnerability of Pursuing Dreams
- Influence, Impact, and Legacy: Inside the Mind of Music Legend Scooter Braun
Did you enjoy the podcast?
It was fun to be interviewed by a good friend about the deep stuff. What do you think of my next book idea?