Want to build a life and business around doing what you love? Me too. Let’s connect.
We talk a lot about food on The School of Greatness.
And it’s not just because I love to eat.
It’s because no matter your health philosophies, anyone who is trying to become great needs to pay attention to what they’re putting into their body.
I’ve had times when I’m eating tons of sugar and gluten and times when I’m eating really clean – guess which makes me feel better?
Today’s guest is coming on the show for the second time to talk about the benefits (and ease) of a plant-based diet.
I interviewed Rich Roll over a year ago about the incredible lifestyle and health transformation he went through in his 40s.
In this conversation we cover the why behind his new cookbook and plant-based lifestyle guide that he and his wife Julie have just written.
I have a ton of respect for Rich and the way he lives his life and pursues his mission. I always learn a lot from talking to him (not just about food).
If you’ve been feeling low on energy, struggling with health issues, or just wondering where to go to find quality, easy food advice, this episode is for you.
Prepare to be educated on the Plantpower Way with Rich Roll on Episode 169.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What was it like to write a book with your wife?
- Why do you think a plant-based diet is so intimidating for people?
- What are the highest performance foods?
- Why should someone who is super healthy consider a plant-based diet?
- Why aren’t doctors taught all of this in med school?
- What are the biggest benefits you’ve seen since meditating regularly?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What to put in your morning smoothie to power pack your day with energy
- Why to use juicing more for medicinal than everyday eating purposes
- How to avoid inflammation as an athlete (quicker recovery)
- Why you shouldn’t just automatically trust your doctor to give you nutrition advice
- The value of a preventative health care mentality versus just treating symptoms
- What Rich’s daily meditation practice looks like (and how you can easily build your own practice)
- Why his whole family makes and eats a meal together daily
- The value of slowing down to think about what we eat and be grateful
- The 3 Lifestyle Paths in the Plantpower Way:
- How the business of raising animals for food is a huge environmental concern (bigger than cars, fracking, etc.)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The Plantpower Way: Whole Food Plant-Based Recipes and Guidance for The Whole Family
- Julie Piatt
- Listen to Rich’s full backstory in his first episode on the show here
- Jason Lester
- Finding Ultra: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World’s Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself
- Kreation Juice
- Blueprint Juice
- Neal Barnard
- Lissa Rankin
- Frank Lipman
- The Blue Zones: Lessons for Living Longer From the People Who’ve Lived the Longest
- FOLLOW RICH
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
- Music Credit: Water Chords by Scrap Blood
You may also like these episodes:
- How to Eat and Live Healthy (Plus Myths on Red Meat, Paleo, and the Health Food Industry)
- Health, Happiness, and Organic Living with The Food Babe Vani Hari
- How to Double Your Energy (the HEALTHY Way)
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Rich is a stud and it was awesome to have him back on the show. He is a wealth of wisdom about eating right, living a healthy lifestyle, and serving others. What surprised you about his explanation of eating plant-based?
P.S. Follow me on Snapchat @lewis_howes – I’m going to be sharing stories there all month!