Interested in learning how to build a life and business around doing what you love? So am I. Let’s connect.
When I met Vani Hari AKA The Food Babe through our mutual friend Derek Halpern, we instantly connected.
And not just because we both love dessert.
Vani is an incredibly courageous and big-hearted woman who has dedicated her life to a passion she found through her own health struggles in her twenties.
I wanted to bring her on The School of Greatness to share her story and her wisdom about what’s in our food.
Vani has had incredible success in getting massive food corporations like Kraft, Chipotle, Subway (and many more) to make changes in their ingredients lists and become more transparent about what actually is going into their food.
In our conversation, we cover everything from her back story to how she got the courage to leave her successful consulting job to follow her passion full-time.
We also play “would you rather” about health food choices :).
Whether or not you are a fan of the health food movement, Vani’s perspective and wisdom will help you understand your food choices better.
Get excited for Episode 136 with the Food Babe Vani Hari.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Why does our government let so many more chemicals into our foods than other countries do?
- Which food companies have been the most challenging to work with and which have been the best?
- Do you think if our food was better labeled in the U.S. people would still eat these harfmul foods?
- Is it better to eat non-organic fresh produce or healthy packaged food?
- Do you think that mastering your health is the first step in finding your voice?
- Why do you think some people are so against your message and methods?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Starbucks recipes in the UK are different than in the U.S. (because they don’t want certain chemicals in their food)
- The people who work in our government making food policy used to work in the food industry for the companies they now help
- Her “before” story – the wake-up call of getting an appendectomy in her twenties
- How she came up with the name the “food babe”
- My love of Krispy Kremes
- How her mother-in-law dying of cancer inspired her to start her blog
- What happens when you put 100% of your focus into your passion project
- The danger of food dyes (and why other countries label them like cigarettes)
- Why she started a petition against Kraft Foods on change.org (and the suprising response)
- What a GMO is (genetically modified organism – a new species of plant we have created) and how to understand them
- That the President’s cancer panel has estimated that 41% of us are going to get cancer in this country, in part due to environmental factors
- Her “sickening fifteen” ingredients to avoid
- Why organic foods really are healthier than conventionally grown foods
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The Food Babe Way: Break Free from the Hidden Toxins in Your Food and Lose Weight, Look Years Younger, and Get Healthy in Just 21 Days!
- FOLLOW VANI
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
Have you signed up for The School of Greatness Academy yet? This is my six-month online course and mastermind that will change your life and business. If you have what it takes, apply today! I want to see you make something great. 🙂
- Music Credit: White Space by VIYLL
You may also like these episodes:
- How We Learned to Think and Eat Is Killing Us (and THIS Is the Solution)
- How to Eat and Live Healthy (Plus Myths on Red Meat, Paleo, and the Health Food Industry)
- Rich Roll: From Fast Food King to Vegan Ultra-Athlete
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Vani is an amazing woman, activist, and friend. I loved connecting with her and supporting her new book. What are your thoughts on our food industry? Do you agree with her?