My guest this week is the amazing Rich Roll.
His new book is called Finding Ultra: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World’s Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself.
I had a chance to spend the afternoon with Rich and learn all about how he overcame working 80 hours a week eating fast food everyday, to transforming his lifestyle and inspiring thousands of people along the way.
Download this episode now and prepare for some greatness from Rich Roll!
The School of Greatness Podcast
When Rich was just about forty, he was fifty pounds overweight, found himself eating fast-food every day and getting tired just walking up the staircase. Then he realized that it was time to make a change.
This interview is extremely inspiring as he talks about what he has done to overcome the “average American Dream” millions of people fall into.
I’m very excited to introduce you to the man Rich Roll…
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- All about the power of vegans
- Rich’s history as a collegiate athlete, recovering alcoholic and entertainment lawyer
- What led Rich to a full fledged “window diet” (junk food)
- The value of making drastic life changes
- How athletes focus on goals with intense focus
- How his wife healed herself with food and the effect it had on him
- Why ex-athletes are the last to realize they’re unhealthy
- How to transform your body in a week through juicing
- The difference between a Triathlon – Ironman and Ultra Distance Triathlon
- How Rich prepares (mentally & physically) for these insane competitions
- The importance of coaches and creating a program
- How gradual training is the key to success
- What it’s like to compete in an The Ultra Man
- How Rich uses positive visualization
- To approach every training session as an active meditation
- The importance of non-active meditation
- To let go of being perfect and accept permission to fail
- Why plant based diets are so awesome!
- That Timothy Bradley and Carl Lewis utilize plant based diets
- How Rich defines Greatness
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Fat Sick and Nearly Dead
- Forks Over Knives
- Sound Credits: Crystal Mathematics by Au5 (feat. Shaz Sparks)
- More about Rich Roll: Website – Facebook – Twitter
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Connect with Us!
Do you currently follow a specific diet? Do you have a coach to help you with your nutrition and your fitness? If not, what are you doing to make sure you stay on track to not follow down the path that Rich was on before he made his transformation?