Want to build a life and business around doing what you love? Me too. Let’s connect.
We’ve been talking a lot about fear recently on The School of Greatness.
It’s because I’m fascinated by it and how to use it to your best advantage.
But beyond that, I’m learning so much about myself, how I operate on a sub-conscious level, and how I can show myself more compassion by understanding where fear comes from.
We’ve talked about the upside of dark emotions, how to turn stress into serenity, and now today’s guest, Dr. Lissa Rankin, is coming back on the show to share how we can heal ourselves (physically and emotionally) when we understand fear.
Lissa is an incredible example of this in her own life, but for her new book on fear, she actually traveled the world and talked to many different people in varied cultures to better understand our concept of fear in the West.
In our conversation she pulls the covers back on how fear affects our physical health, how our society perpetuates a sick relationship with fear, and how we truly have the power to heal ourselves when we understand what is behind our fear.
No matter who you are, where you live, or what you’re going through, this conversation is going to speak to you.
Lissa Rankin’s incredible compassion, energy, and wisdom pours out of her in Episode 163 as she explains the fear cure.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
“When you’re operating from the heart, courage is a side-effect.”
Some questions I ask:
- What epiphany did you have that led you to write The Fear Cure?
- Is joy or courage the opposite of fear?
- What are we all so afraid of?
- How do we become friends with fear?
- Should you heal the mind or the heart first?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The extraordinary link between fear and health
- The difference between true fear and false fear (and how stress is part of this)
- We are in stress response more than 50 times per day (no bueno!)
- How to let go of false fears
- The power of loneliness to make us sick and stressed (and how it’s a cultural problem in the West)
- The 4 Fearful Assumptions:
1. Uncertainty is unsafe
2. I can’t handle losing what I cherish
3. It’s a hostile universe
4. I’m all alone
- The 4 Courage-Cultivating Truths
1. Uncertainty is the gateway to possibility.
2. Loss is natural and can lead to growth.
3. It’s a purposeful, friendly universe.
4. We are all one.
- The difference between intuition and paranoia
- The difference between what we want and what we yearn for (ego versus soul)
- Plus much more . . .
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The Fear Cure: Cultivating Courage as Medicine for the Body, Mind, and Soul
- Whole Health Medicine Institute
- The Gift of Fear and Other Survival Signals that Protect Us From Violence
- TEDx talk – The shocking truth about your health
- Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself
- A Course In Miracles
- Brene Brown
- Martha Beck
- FOLLOW LISSA
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
- Music Credit: Lightness by Tim Gartz
You may also like these episodes:
- Lissa Rankin: How to Heal Yourself with the Power of Your Mind
- Danielle LaPorte: Fulfilling Your Dreams Through Your Desires
- Why Anger, Guilt, and Fear Cultivate Success (and the Art of Emotional Agility)
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I loved every second and wanted to keep talking to Lissa for hours. What she talked about has changed my life as I’ve worked through fear over the past few years. What has been your experiencing leaning into fear?
“There’s a way to safely take risks that opens the gates of possibility.”
let us know your thoughts