Interested in learning how to build a life and business around doing what you love? So am I. Let’s connect.
When I was in high school, I thought I was invincible.
It didn’t help that I was a football player (who became an All-American) and loved to play sports.
What I didn’t realize was, the food I was eating was holding me back from my best performance.
I ate a pretty terrible diet of grains, sugars, and dairy.
I thought it didn’t matter.
I thought the extreme fatigue I felt after I ate a huge bowl of pasta for dinner or a candy bar before a game was just me being tired.
I was wrong.
Today’s guest on The School of Greatness went through a similar experience.
Yuri Elkaim was a soccer star growing up but struggled with extreme fatigue and digestion problems.
It wasn’t until all his hair fell out at 17 years old (in just a six week period!) that he realized something was really wrong.
Fast forward a couple decades, and Yuri has become a NYT best-selling author, holistic nutritionist, and been a guest on platforms like Dr. Oz, Yahoo! News and Huffington Post.
The reason why I was excited to interview Yuri wasn’t just because of our similar backgrounds with food and sports (thankfully I never lost any hair).
He has made a business around breaking down the incredibly complex world of nutrition and health and explaining the truth about what kinds of foods give us energy and which ones drain us.
We go over many of the common diet questions, but more importantly, he explains how to understand what is going on in your body when you experience fatigue and how to reverse that.
I am excited to share this super helpful information with you in Episode 116 with the one and only Yuri Elkaim.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Why are you so passionate about your mission to help people get energy?
- What are your 7 commandments of energy (and do you live by them all the time)?
- What can we do to take care of our adrenal glands (which regulate stress)?
- Are there things to be careful about if you start juicing?
- What are the three “sneaky” foods that steal our energy?
- How important is gratitude in relieving stress?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why we are starving for wisdom about our health in an age of abundant knowledge
- The difference between being fit and being healthy
- The story of how he lost all his hair in six weeks as a teenager (due to his diet!)
- That energy in your body is a zero-sum game. There’s a fixed amount to do everything your body needs to do.
- How not eating (for a little bit) can increase your energy and mental clarity
- Why entrepreneurs need to take regular mental breaks from making decisions
- What foods help our brains create mental clarity
- The connection between your stress levels and your ability to lose weight
- Why he believes we should cut out all caffeine from our diets
- Why you should drink water before (not during) your meal
- Plus much more…
Also, be sure to check out these amazing photos of the energy in foods.
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
- Music Credit: Liquid Iron by Tommie Sunshine & Halfway House
You may also like these episodes:
- Increase Your IQ, Lose 100 Pounds and Add Years to Your Life on Less Sleep with Dave Asprey
- How to Eat and Live Healthy (Plus Myths on Red Meat, Paleo, and the Health Food Industry)
- Rich Roll: From Fast Food King to the Vegan Ultra-Athlete
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I love this kind of information! I have experienced the effects of a poor diet and seen the difference when I eat well, so Yuri’s tips hit home. What surprised you most about his 7 commandments (and will you take his no-caffeine suggestion)?