If you follow the current trends in health, wellness, and diet, you probably also follow today’s guest on The School of Greatness.
Dr. Mark Hyman is that popular in the health scene and for good reason.
Not only has he written over 9 bestselling books on these topics, but he is the director of the Cleveland Clinic (a huge front runner in functional medicine).
Aside from those amazing credentials, Dr. Hyman is passionate about speaking up for how important our diets are in our overall health.
Since I’m always trying to dial in my fitness and health, I had a bunch of questions for him.
What I especially loved learning from him was how easy it is to be on top of your diet.
I am so glad I get to bring you this awesome interview with Dr. Mark Hyman in Episode 293 about how to understand what’s actually going on with our bodies and food.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
“Food is not just calories; it’s information.”
Some questions I ask:
- Are all grains bad or just wheat?
- What does a “pegan” diet look like?
- What does functional medicine mean?
- What is the best first step to heal yourself if you have a health issue?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How our thinking about the role of fat in our diets got backwards
- The key to changing your hormones so you’re not hungry all the time
- What the US Government JUST changed in their food recommendations (opposite of what they used to say)
- The shocking statistic about how much white flour raises your blood sugar
- Why Dr. Hyman says we MUST stop supporting factory farms
- Incredible stories of people curing chronic diseases by righting the bacteria in their gut
- What specific changes Dr. Hyman would make in our country’s laws and policies around food if he had unlimited money and power
- Plus much more…
“I don’t worry about how much I eat; I just worry about what I eat.”
Continue Seeking Greatness:
FOLLOW DR. HYMAN
Website | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
- Check out Organifi, my favorite healthy green juice mix, and get 20% off when you use the code “lewis”
HAVE YOU READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET? ORDER A COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/BOOK
You may also like these episodes:
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Dr. Hyman knows his stuff, and I am even more inspired to dial in my diet after talking with him. What did he say that inspired you?
“Food is the cause and food is the cure of most disease.”