Ever since I tried eating no gluten as an experiment a few years back, I’ve been really interested in what’s up with it.
I’ve heard doctors and nutritionists go back and forth about it.
I’ve heard friends’ stories about how it destroyed their health.
And I’ve seen the effects it’s had on my own body as an athlete.
But at the end of the day, I’m still a good old Ohio boy who was raised on pasta, pizza, and doughnuts and I still want to eat those things sometimes.
So I brought an expert on The School of Greatness to get the facts straight about what gluten actually is, whether it’s as bad as people say, and what the best workaround is.
Dr. Peter Osborne knows what’s up when it comes to gluten.
He is trained as a chiropractor and nutritionist and is passionate about getting to the bottom of auto-immune diseases and helping people get their health back.
I asked him every question I could think of about gluten and what his recommendations are – and he delivered.
If you’ve been having the same questions about your diet, or just thinking about cutting out gluten as an experiment, this episode is a gold mine.
Here to pull back the covers on gluten and what it does (or doesn’t) do to our bodies is Dr. Peter Osborne in Episode 282.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
“If you put in garbage, your outcome is going to be garbage.”
Some questions I ask:
- What should we be eating to get an optimized body, mind, soul?
- If you’re not gluten sensitive, should you still stay away from eating it?
- What about Asian cultures eating rice for centuries?
- What grains should we eliminate completely from our diet no matter where we live?
- How can people test to see if they have food sensitivities?
- What about “cheat days?”
- Can you talk about legumes and your take on the Paleo view of them?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The number one diagnosed condition in the U.S. is auto-immune disease (often linked to gluten consumption)
- What gluten actually is (and what it is found in)
- That there are actually many types of gluten people eat without knowing (ex. corn, rice, etc.)
- All the factors that contribute to us getting sick from eating grain (from farming to storage, etc.)
- Eating gluten, if you are gluten sensitive, can take 26 years off your life (on average)
- That you may not be eating as big a variety of foods as you thought
- How choosing to eat healthily mirrors success in business
- The top leading causes of death in the U.S. are food-induced
- How to get your mind on board with switching to a no-gluten diet
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
Website | Twitter | Facebook
- Check out Trim and their awesome shirts for fit men. Use the code greatness20 to get 20% off your next order:
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
HAVE YOU READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET? ORDER A COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/BOOK
- Music Credit: Daze by Thomas Vx
You may also like these episodes:
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Are you open to trying Dr. Osborne’s 30 day no-gluten challenge?