When I first met today’s guest on The School of Greatness, we were both at a party and I noticed him because he was the other ridiculously tall guy in the room.
It turns out, Jason Wachob‘s height had a big impact on his life, career, and purpose.
After playing college basketball, making bank as a Wall Street trader, leaving that for a job where he traveled on planes constantly, and developing horrible back pain as a result, Jason started paying a lot of attention to health and wellness.
Which led him to create one of the top wellness websites in the world, MindBodyGreen.com.
His new book, Wellth, outlines all of the pieces of what creates a truly wealthy life – including health in all areas.
I loved diving into this topic with Jason because I believe so strongly in the same ideas.
We talk about how he has built such a successful business from scratch, how he maintains his own wellness while being a busy CEO and husband, and what is trending right now in the wellness world.
Jason is one of the best resources in this field, so clear out distractions and tune into your mind and body in Episode 303.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What are the building blocks of wealth? (12:59)
- What has been the most inspiring thing that’s happened to you since starting MindBodyGreen? (21:38)
- How do you motivate your employees to do profitable work while keeping themselves healthy? (25:34)
- How much of the success of MindBodyGreen do you credit to your team? (26:59)
- What’s it like working with your wife? (28:44)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why Jason says playing college basketball taught him far more than going to class (2:54)
- Jason’s daily gratitude ritual (8:26)
- Why he was miserable at 25 years old making $280K a month on Wall Street (11:38)
- How Jason healed his excruciating back pain by doing yoga instead of surgery (16:14)
- The real danger of getting out of balance even when you work in the health industry (20:27)
- Why hiring and scaling this business is so challenging (22:38)
- Jason’s biggest fear about running this business (30:59)
- Where Jason sees the future of media going (36:17)
- How Jason describes his own dietary preference as a “conscious omnivore” (40:35)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Wellth: How I Learned to Build a Life, Not a Résumé
- The blog post that Jason wrote which inspired his book
- Conor McGregor
- Rich Roll
HAVE YOU READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET? ORDER A COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/BOOK
- Music Credit: Xander by Ason ID
You may also like these episodes:
- Lissa Rankin: How to Heal Yourself with the Power of Your Mind
- Russell Simmons on Living Vegan, Finding Calm, and Changing the World
- How to Start a Lifestyle Movement with Wanderlust Co-Founder Jeff Krasno
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I love Jason’s definition of wealth AKA wellth. Do you agree with it?