There are some people who have built such a big empire that you’ve heard of them even if you don’t follow their brands or buy their products.
Such is the case with Russell Simmons.
He is a legend in the hip hop music industry, as the founder of the Def Jam label, AND the creator of two popular fashion brands, not to mention a more recent YouTube sensation, All Def Digital.
Simply put, Russell knows a thing or two about building movements, getting fans, and promoting powerful messages.
That was just one reason I wanted to have him on The School of Greatness.
In recent years, Russell has taken on a lifestyle makeover that is focused on holistic health – and a vegan diet.
He has been just as vocal about this undertaking as he always has been about his business ventures, and his newest book dives into all the reasons why.
I learned a lot from Russell about business, entrepreneurship, branding, health, and owning your voice and message.
I’m excited to bring you the legend himself, Russell Simmons, in Episode 287.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
NOTE: Russell uses strong language in this video. If you want to avoid it, listen to the audio version 🙂
Some questions I ask:
- What lessons did you learn from selling drugs about life and business?
- What entrepreneurs inspired you early on?
- What about people hundreds of years ago who ate meat?
- What would an ideal planet look like to you?
- What are the top causes you are committed to giving back to?
- Do you have any fears right now?
- How do you handle negative emotions?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Russell met some of the early hip hop icons and became friends with them
- Why Russell doesn’t eat before he meditates in the morning
- How yoga teaches you to remain calm and happy no matter what happens around you
- Why Russell feels so strongly that all animal lives matter
- The political side of animal rights
- Plus much more…
“You can change stuff you focus on; you can’t change stuff you worry about.”
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The Happy Vegan: A Guide to Living a Long, Healthy, and Successful Life
- Beyond Meat
- Hampton Creek
- No Meat Athlete
- Diet for a New America
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- Check out Organifi, my favorite healthy green juice mix, and get 20% off when you use the code “lewis”
- Check out Thrive and their amazing market of healthy food and lifestyle products at amazing prices. Get 1 month free membership and 20% off your order by clicking the link below:
HAVE YOU READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET? ORDER A COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/BOOK
- Music Credit: Way Is Up by Gigatop
You may also like these episodes:
- Rich Roll: From Fast Food King to Vegan Ultra-Athlete
- Eating Raw and Living Your Passion with Fully Raw Kristina
- Health, Happiness, and Organic Living with the Food Babe Vani Hari
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Russell knows and has experienced a lot when it comes to food, health, success, and speaking the truth. Do you agree or disagree with his take on these issues?
let us know your thoughts