Want to build a life and business around doing what you love? Me too. Let’s connect.
One of the biggest challenges of running your own business, being your own boss, and pursuing your dreams is finding the right team.
I’ve definitely struggled with this learning curve for years.
But I know it’s worth getting right.
And I’m not the only one.
Today’s guest on The School of Greatness has a wealth of experience building teams, managing smart people, and interviewing the masters at this.
Suzy Welch is an incredibly smart woman, who not only has decades of experience running her own business and being the editor of Harvard Business Review, but is married to the former CEO of GE, Jack Welch, one of the world’s largest corporations.
Between the two of them, they have over 80 years of management experience and they know how to lead successfully.
In my conversation with Suzy, I was so impressed with her ability to look back and see the lessons she has learned, not only from her big successes, but from her big failures.
I learned so much about hiring the right people, leading powerfully, and adopting a successful mindset in Episode 196 with Suzy Welch.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What’s the difference between a college MBA and a “real-life MBA?”
- How do you learn management principles quickly?
- What are the biggest differences in business today from when you started your career?
- How does someone who wants to be an entrepreneur come up with a good idea?
- How related is business success with personal health?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Suzy and Jack donate their book profits to charity (!)
- How she uses running to help her write (even when she’s insanely busy)
- The importance of hiring people who are team players and can work well with others
- Why Suzy says business is harder now because of technology (constant evolution and disruption)
- The problem of having too many career choices
- How to find your “area of destiny”
- How her Christian faith plays into her desire to serve and give constantly
- The importance of hiring emotionally healthy people for your team
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The Real-Life MBA: Your No-BS Guide to Winning the Game, Building a Team, and Growing Your Career
- Michael Eisner
- Peace Like a River
- FOLLOW SUZY
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
TEXT “GREATNESS” TO 33444 TO GET ON THE EARLY BIRD BOOK PREVIEW LIST (OR VISIT HTTP://GREATNESSBOOK.COM)
- Music Credit: Embers by From the Dust
You may also like these episodes:
- How to Hire, Manage, and Lead Thousands with Lee Cockerell
- How to Lead a Team and Scale a Business with Than Merrill
- Putting People Over Profit in Business and Life with Dale Partridge
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Wow. Suzy knows what’s up when it comes to hiring and building teams. What is your biggest struggle with hiring? And what did you learn from her?