Want to build a life and business around doing what you love? Me too. Let’s connect.
Can you imagine being in charge of 40,000 employees?
How about running operations at Disney World?
Or traveling the world as a renowned public speaker AFTER you retire?
Today’s guest on The School of Greatness has done all of these and he’s not stopping anytime soon.
Lee Cockerell is a powerhouse of energy, wisdom, and service and it was my privilege to interview him on this episode.
Lee has not only led thousands at companies like Disney, but he has written several books on the lessons he has learned and applied through the years as a stand out leader and manager. (Surprise fact: he dropped out of college because he says he wasn’t smart enough.)
When taking advice about leadership, hiring the right people, and managing your time, take it from a person like Lee.
We cover all these topics as well as his thoughts on health, family, and what is really important in life.
Welcome to a look behind the scenes at what kind of leader heads a company like Disney in Episode 167 with Lee Cockerell.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Do you think it would be easier to manage 40,000 with a team or 100 by yourself?
- What are the most important questions to ask when hiring?
- Is it more important to make the customer feel special or make the employee feel special?
- Why is health so important to you in relation to business?
- What can you do to appreciate and recognize your team on a daily basis?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The importance of a team, hiring the right people, and training the right way
- Why you have to manage a new generation differently than the last one
- #1 most important skill in business is to hire well
- Why time management is so important (and why we should teach it in school)
- Top leadership strategies:
– Remember EVERYONE is important
– Make your people your brand
– Create magic through training
– Learn the truth
– Appreciate, recognize, and encourage people
- His positive attitude is his key to success
- His struggle with depression and how he got through it (not on his own)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Thrive15 – use promo code Greatess2
- Time Management Magic: How To Get More Done Every Day And Move From Surviving To Thriving
- Creating Disney Magic – podcast
- The Customer Rules: The 39 Essential Rules for Delivering Sensational Service
- David Robinson
- Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done (Harperbusiness Essentials)
- FOLLOW LEE
- Music Credit: Chubby Bunny by ONIK
- Want to follow the School of Greatness playlist of music? Click HERE!
You may also like these episodes:
- Leadership and Life’s Greatest Lessons Atop the World’s Highest Mountains with Alison Levine
- Simon Sinek: Why Leaders Eat Last
- The 10 Success Principles to Create an Abundant Life with Jack Canfield
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Lee’s energy is amazing and he dropped a lot of leadership wisdom in this interview. What most impressed you about him?