I love music. I especially love violin music since I’ve heard my brother play so many times as one of the best jazz violinists in the world.
I also love dancing and epic movies.
So it’s no surprise that when I got the chance to have pop violinist and YouTube queen Lindsey Stirling on The School of Greatness, I took it.
I first saw one of Lindsey’s YouTube videos years ago and was mesmerized. Not only was the music amazing (a mix of dubstep and violin) but her dancing was incredible.
Fast forward a few years and she has become one of the biggest YouTube stars, as well as a successful solo artist who tours around the world with sold out shows.
In our interview, however, we peel back the layers of how she has built her massive success (in such a competitive industry) and the challenges that she has overcome to get there.
Lindsey is an incredibly sweet and positive human being but she also understands the power of vulnerability, which she taps into in her new book.
We talked about her struggle with an eating disorder, what it was like to get kicked off America’s Got Talent, and how she found the courage to follow her instincts.
I am stoked to share this powerful interview with the amazingly talented Lindsey Stirling in Episode 291.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
“Maybe I wasn’t ready then, but it didn’t mean I was never going to get there.”
Some questions I ask:
- Why did you choose violin over dance as a kid?
- When did you realize your need for control was hurting you rather than helping you?
- Do you think being constantly judged for your music skills growing up led to your perfectionism?
- How do you handle the process of being judged now that you have a big audience?
- When did you realize that people were getting excited about your music?
- How come you continued to pursue your craft after getting kicked off America’s Got Talent?
- Why is it important to you to not use drugs and alcohol?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Lindsey fell into anorexia in her late teens
- The importance of loving yourself authentically before you can love anyone else
- The best ways to support a friend who is struggling with a mental disorder
- How Lindsey planned her first YouTube video
- The story of how she got invited back to America’s Got Talent years after she competed as a guest performer
- How she turned her despair into determination after getting rejected
- The sense of true self and empowerment Lindsey experiences when she is performing on stage
- Lindsey’s biggest fear (same as me!)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
Website | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
- Check out Thrive and their amazing market of healthy food and lifestyle products at amazing prices. Get 1 month free membership and 20% off your order by clicking the link below:
HAVE YOU READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET? ORDER A COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/BOOK
- Music Credit: Colors by MI77ER
You may also like these episodes:
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I already love Lindsey’s videos – have you checked them out?
“Happiness takes work, but it’s achievable for everyone.”