The last time I had the privilege of interviewing Jack Canfield on The School of Greatness we talked about the 10 big success principles and how to create long lasting relationships.
This time, however, we dove into a completely different topic.
Jack is the brilliant mind behind the Chicken Soup for the Soul book series, as well as many other extraordinary self-help and inspirational writings.
He recently turned his focus onto a new project that is equally impactful as his other work, but not so glamorous in nature.
Since addiction is such an issue in our society today, Jack and his team came up with a 30 day program to kick start breaking through addiction that is arguably more powerful than rehab.
In our interview, he specifically uses the example of sobriety and what they found out is possible using their new program.
We also dive into fear, why we numb ourselves with substances, and the mindsets that can help or hinder us around breaking addiction.
I am pleased to bring back the amazingly popular guest Jack Canfield in Episode 296.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Why did you put together a 30 day solution versus longer?
- How do you set up your social circle to be okay with you not drinking?
- What do you think is the biggest challenge for someone getting started with sobriety?
- Why do people love or not love the AA approach?
- Is it better to cut back or cut out alcohol altogether?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why you eat more when you drink alcohol
- The big myths around drinking that aren’t true (in fact the opposite is true!)
- How alcohol and sugar addiction are so closely connected
- The subconscious fears that keep us from choosing sobriety
- Why a systematic approach to sobriety is much more effective than rehab
- Jack’s step by step visualization to do every morning while working on breaking an addiction
- The laughter exercise Jack did that got me laughing during the interview 🙂
- A simple practice to calm your nerves without drinking
- Why smoking calms people down (and how you can do the same thing without cigarettes)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The 30-Day Sobriety Solution: How to Cut Back or Quit Drinking in the Privacy of Your Own Home
- Nick Ortner
- Tommy Rosen
- Andrew Weil
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
Have you signed up for The School of Greatness Academy yet? This is my 8-week online course and mastermind that will change your life and business. If you have what it takes, apply today! I want to see you make something great. 🙂
HAVE YOU READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET? ORDER A COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/BOOK
- Music Credit: Adventures by A Himitsu
You may also like these episodes:
- The 10 Success Principles to Create an Abundant Life with Jack Canfield
- Dr. Mark Hyman: The Truth About Eating Fat to Get Healthy
- Rich Roll: From Fast Food King to Vegan Ultra-Athlete
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Who are you inspired to share this book with now that you’ve heard Jack explain how powerful it is?