Want to build a life and business around doing what you love? Me too. Let’s connect.
When I first started The School of Greatness, I had a vision of the type of guests I wanted to have come on eventually.
I thought of the many mentors, thought leaders, entrepreneurs and athletes who I looked up to so much.
Today’s guest is one of those people and I am so grateful and excited I finally got to interview him.
Dan Millman is one of the standout authors, speakers, and spiritual giants in our world today.
He has written over 16 books (one of which really changed the game for me), traveled the world speaking, and has been a world-class athlete and coach for decades.
Talking with Dan was an incredible experience because he has so much perspective and such a calm energy that I could ask him anything and he had a wise answer.
We covered his journey to being a world champion in gymnastics, his journey as a bestselling author, and his favorite books and spiritual leaders.
Get ready for a treasure trove of wisdom from Dan Millman in Episode 193.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- How much of your signature book is made up versus autobiographical?
- What was your visualization process like as a world-class athlete?
- What’s one of the biggest takeaways you’ve learned from martial arts that has improved your life?
- What is your practice to get through a breakdown?
- Did you enjoy competing or coaching athletes more?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The relationship between effort and outcome (we can control one but not the other)
- Why visualization is so powerful to create the results you want
- How to control the level of tension when we experience stress
- The only difference between fear and excitement is whether we’re breathing
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives
- Peaceful Warrior (Widescreen)
- The Alchemist
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Kung Fu (the TV show)
- FAST Defense (self-defense course)
- Brooklyn Zoo
- Brave New World
- The Once and Future King
- FOLLOW DAN
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
TEXT “GREATNESS” TO 33444 TO GET ON THE EARLY BIRD PREVIEW BOOK LIST (OR VISIT HTTP://GREATNESSBOOK.COM)
- Music Credit: Saboteur – Pay to Win IRL by SaboteurMusic
You may also like these episodes:
- Danielle LaPorte: Fulfilling Your Dreams Through Your Desires
- How to Manage Stress and Overcome Anxiety with Amanda Enayati
- Keys to Body Awareness and Movement Design for an Improved Life with Carl Paoli
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I’ve wanted to get Dan on the podcast for a long time and it was an honor to interview and learn from him. Which of his quotes stuck with you the most?