Our next guest was a kid imaging himself flipping across the countryside.
After years hunting the dream of becoming an olympic athlete, he found himself in love with teaching others how to be optimal athletes. Also, many athletes came to him wanting to learn how to use their body in different ways without getting hurt.
“I want to be able to run up a wall and do a backflip.”
“I want to be able to jump off that huge thing and land without hurting myself.”
Well our next guest on the School of Greatness took these suggestions to heart and now he’s a world renowned author and coach on body awareness.
Please welcome for the second time to the podcast, Carl Paoli.
The School of Greatness Podcast
“Progress is success. In order to progress, you need to regress.” (Tweet)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Whether there is too much movement
- How Gymnastics skills carried over into a powerful message of self improvement
- How kids talking about body movement inspired Carl to create something new
“The goal is to make body awareness possible.” (Tweet)
- Why and where the inspiration for writing Freestyle came from
- About the 4 basic symbols of body shapes
- The presence practice Carl uses to manage anxiety
“Let me translate why a gymnast cares about these body positions and technique so it can translate over to your specific purpose and need as a performer.” (Tweet)
- Why developing body awareness relates to improving at anything
- Movement Control – What it is and how it works
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Re-listen to the last episode with Carl Paoli: The Key to Success in CrossFit, Freestyle Movement and Human Performance
- Pick up a copy of Freestyle: How to Maximize Sport and Life Performance with 4 Basic Movements
- Learn about Kelly Starrett and get the book: Becoming a Supple Leopard
- Watch out the past interview with Gold Medalist, Shawn Johnston
- Connect with Carl:
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
- Music Credit: Headfone by SteLouse
Did you enjoy the podcast?
What did you enjoy most about this episode with Carl? Are you using your body effectively throughout the day or are you hunched over at a desk and never taking time to move your body in the way it was designed? Leave a comment below and share this with your friends on Twitter and Facebook if you find it valuable.