Another Ohio legend on The School of Greatness today!
Yes, they keep coming 🙂
I actually only met Cory Gregory a year ago but we’ve become real friends and he’s going to be a trainer for morning workouts at the Summit of Greatness in a couple weeks!
There are a lot of awesome things about Cory and what he’s built, both in his businesses and his fitness career, but one of the things I love about him is how down to earth he is.
His gym in Ohio is called Old School Gym if that tells you anything.
He was raised by generations of coal miners (and worked in one himself for a bit) and has huge respect for hard work and grinding it out.
You don’t need to look farther than his massive success both as a trainer, fitness model, and entrepreneur to see the results.
Cory not only has been on the cover of 11 fitness magazines (and counting), he co-founded one of the fastest growing sport nutrition companies ever – and got Arnold Schwarzenegger to become a backer!
He is also a husband and father, an author, a podcaster, and a mentor to hundreds of guys who have worked out with him daily at 4 am.
Needless to say, I have a ton of respect for Cory and I’m sure you’ll get big value out of this interview in Episode 380.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What were you thinking about when you were working in the coal mine? (5:13)
- What were the key things that made Musclepharm go from $1 million to hundreds of millions? (13:47)
- Why should people focus on lifting over other types of workouts? (18:38)
- How did you work out deals with top names like Arnold Schwarzenegger? (25:26)
- Should people try to get celebrity endorsements? (33:43)
- Why is mindset so important to get results in fitness? (35:06)
- How has your relationship with your wife changed as you have become more famous and successful? (48:50)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The story of how he co-founded Musclepharm, one of the fastest growing sport nutrition programs ever created (12:35)
- Why Cory lunges after he lifts (21:50)
- What NOT to do when you met a celebrity you look up to (36:38)
- Why you should not be afraid to fail (39:21)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The Mindset Manual
- Old School Gym
- Bill Phillips
- Eric Thomas
- Steve Weatherford
- Barbell Shrugged
- Entrepreneur or Wantrepreneur
- Check out DesignCrowd to get bids on your perfect custom design at http://www.designcrowd.com/greatness
- Check out Betterment to get up to six months of no fees on automated investing at https://www.betterment.com/greatness
INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT WHICH CELEBRITY ENTREPRENEUR YOU ARE MOST LIKE? CLICK HERE
JOIN ME SEPT 29 – OCT 1 FOR THE SUMMIT OF GREATNESS!! REGISTER HERE
- Music Credit: Joyride by Aarre Kedam
You may also like these episodes:
- The Power of Positive Self-Talk and Visualization with Super Bowl Champ Steve Weatherford
- Beyond the Body: What Makes a Real Man with Fitness Icon Steve Cook
- Jamie Eason: The World’s Fittest Model on Healthy Living and Persistence
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I love how upbeat and real Cory is. Makes me want to commit to my dreams!