I met my brother from another mother Steve Weatherford last fall on the Summit at Sea cruise.
Little did I know we would become the kind of friends that FaceTime each other constantly, work out together whenever we’re in the same town, and goof off like high school kids.
But what you may not know about him is that he is a NFL Superbowl Champion who is the best punter in the world – and yet he chose to retire early.
He is a devoted husband and father of 4 kids who mean everything to him.
And he’s one of the hardest workers I’ve ever met. Not just in the gym. (But yes, for sure in the gym.)
Of course, I openly admit I also have a huge man crush on his body.
When he came into town last weekend, I insisted he stay at my place and we got to hang out all weekend.
I wanted him to come on the podcast for a full episode so that all of you could get to know him like I have and get inspired to be your very best.
Welcome to the incredibly positive mind and huge heart of Steve Weatherford in Episode 356.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Why did you retire from the NFL in the peak of your career? (11:47)
- What was it like to play your last game? (22:38)
- What advice do you have for women who want a man that is driven? (36:54)
- How do you get in the zone before you work out? (48:45)
- What are most people missing that they could improve on? (54:07)
- How important is mastering your body and your health in terms of achieving any other goal in your life? (1:05:31)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why Steve sees retirement as starting over (9:03)
- The crazy idea Steve came up with for he and I to compete against each other (10:38)
- Why he’s wanted to have a big family since he was 15 (34:16)
- How Steve made it through school with ADHD (38:10)
- What he eats in a typical day to look like he does (42:05)
- Steve’s best pump up speech (46:33)
- The power of positive self-talk (57:35)
- How Steve dealt with being bullied in high school (1:04:05)
- The reason 90% of people fail at achieving their goals (1:06:55)
- What being fit tells someone about you (1:09:50)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out DesignCrowd to get bids on your perfect custom design at http://www.designcrowd.com/greatness
- Check out Organifi, my favorite healthy green juice mix, and get 20% off when you use the code “lewis”
JOIN ME IN OCTOBER FOR THE SUMMIT OF GREATNESS!! REGISTER HERE
- Music Credit: California by Vicetone
You may also like these episodes:
- AJ Hawk on Family, Hard Work, and the Heart of a Champion
- How to Think, Train, and Thrive Like a Champion
- David Anderson: From NFL to the Business World
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Steve is the man. What are you motivated to DO after listening to him?