I’m not the most educated person when it comes to ancient spiritual philosophies and teachings.
But I think they’re fascinating when I learn about them.
This is exactly what I thought when I read The Four Agreements, one of the best known books on self-mastery.
So when I got the chance to interview the son of the man who wrote that book, I jumped on it.
I knew Don Miguel Ruiz Jr. would have powerful insight of his own on these same topics.
And I was right.
Not only did he grow up being taught the powerful mindsets outlined in that famous book, but his grandmother taught him the Toltec spiritual traditions of his ancestors.
He has taken all of these teachings and built a career from explaining them in every day terms for modern people to understand.
In our interview for The School of Greatness Miguel took some of the hardest questions to answer and gave me some of the best answers I’ve ever heard.
We talked about how to take off the masks that cover our true identity to others, how to love unconditionally, and how to change the world for the better.
That and so much more is waiting for you in the wisdom of Don Miguel Ruiz Jr in Episode 358.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What is the Toltec tradition? (10:25)
- Is it really possible to master yourself? (13:46)
- How does someone fully love themselves unconditionally? (17:12)
- How do you love someone who does horrible things? (25:40)
- What’s the main thing that holds people back from reaching their highest potential? (41:56)
- How do men become aware of their masks and take them off? (44:31)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What shifted Miguel from rejecting his father’s teachings to accepting them (5:05)
- The difference between saying “I want to” versus “I have to” (8:05)
- Why we judge ourselves so harshly (18:00)
- The main function of the brain is to dream (33:40)
- How to control someone else (36:24)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out Bench, bookkeeping done for you, and get 20% off your first 6 months at https://bench.co/greatness
- Check out Organifi, my favorite healthy green juice mix, and get 20% off when you use the code “lewis”
JOIN ME IN OCTOBER FOR THE SUMMIT OF GREATNESS!! REGISTER HERE
- Music Credit: Escape by Hang Over
You may also like these episodes:
- How to Envision and Achieve Your Dreams (With Transformation Coach Chris Lee)
- Tony Robbins’ Key to Success, Wealth, and Fulfillment
- Why Anger, Guilt, and Fear Cultivate Success (and the Art of Emotional Agility)
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Amazing thoughts, right? What masks do you realize you are wearing?