If you were alive in 1999, you remember hearing about The Matrix movie.
And even if you weren’t, you’ve no doubt heard about it since.
It’s an incredible film that started a huge movement in media and our culture.
You’ll recognize today’s guest on The School of Greatness from those movies – yes, the lead female character, Trinity, was played by Carrie-Anne Moss.
Now, whether or not you like the Matrix films, I am very confident you’ll love Carrie.
We were just recently introduced and when we started talking, I was immediately impressed with her mindfulness, calm, and fierce heart.
In our conversation, we go deep – into all parts of life including family, motherhood, disconnecting from technology, self-worth, career, and so much more.
I loved talking to Carrie about all of this, and I was especially inspired by how she has gracefully balanced so many big demands of her time and energy through the years.
I can’t wait to hear your thoughts about what we talk about, and for you to hear the stories from her acting career, in Episode 329.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What do you think people are missing the most right now? (15:16)
- How do you make time for meditation and yoga as a busy working mom? (21:53)
- What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned as an actor that you apply to real life? (32:16)
- While filming The Matrix, did you know it was going to have such a big impact? (42:08)
- How can we break free from the addiction to technology? (54:46)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The incredible power of visualization to create the life you dream of (8:19)
- How to live fully in the present and enjoy it completely (12:01)
- What is possible when you commit to a daily meditation practice (19:00)
- How Carrie-Anne made it in Hollywood with nothing starting out (29:25)
- The value of finding your self-worth outside of your job (36:24)
- What Carrie-Anne’s training looked like in preparation for filming The Matrix (43:00)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out my new favorite mattress, Leesa, and get a 100 day risk-free trial and $75 off your order at http://leesa.com/greatness
- Check out DesignCrowd to get bids on your perfect custom design at http://www.designcrowd.com/greatness
JOIN ME IN OCTOBER FOR THE SUMMIT OF GREATNESS!! REGISTER HERE
- Music Credit: Changes by Axel Wernberg
You may also like these episodes:
- The Healing Power of Conquering Your Fear (and How to Do This!)
- Dan Harris on the Power of Meditating Even If You’re a Skeptic
- Create Powerful Habits That Make You Happy with Gretchen Rubin
Did you enjoy the podcast?
How are you creating mindfulness in your life? Did what Carrie-Anne talk about resonate with you?