The first time I meditated was in high school when my sister shared a guided visualization with me to help me before sports games.
It was powerful and I did that same visualization for years.
Then I got busy and stopped playing sports and stopped meditating.
Recently, I’ve picked it back up and noticed a huge difference.
You might be in the same boat.
Meditation and mindfulness has been coming into the spotlight for the past few years and for good reason.
But today’s guest on The School of Greatness is an unlikely advocate of it.
Dan Harris is the co-anchor of two ABC shows (Nightline and the weekend edition of Good Morning America) and has worked for ABC for 16 years, traveling the world covering major stories. He’s a back East kind of guy and very skeptical of anything woo woo.
Which is why his new book all about meditation, and how he got into it, is perfect for anyone who feels the same way.
Dan has spent years talking to the leading minds in meditation and is now an advocate for anyone who wants to get the benefits of meditating but doesn’t know where to start.
We go into his whole story, how easy his personal meditation practice is today, and why he believes so strongly in it.
Get ready for straight talk and deep insight from Dan Harris in Episode 297.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
“I don’t think we should put upon ourselves expectations of perfection that are not attainable.”
Some questions I ask:
- How do you prep a guest before you interview them for a show?
- What is your specific meditation practice today?
- What do you think the purpose is of our day to day lives?
- How do we stay present when there’s so much happening?
- Why do we react so quickly to challenges instead of remaining calm?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What Eckhart Tolle told Dan in an interview that inspired Dan to pursue meditation
- How taking drugs led to Dan’s panic attack while filming Good Morning America
- Why Dan said the 10 day silent meditation retreat he went on was so hard but so worth it
- That Dan says he is a Buddhist but isn’t religious
- Why Dan views mental exercise the same way as physical exercise
- The future of meditation in this country
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works–A True Story
- 10% Happier App
- Joseph Goldstein
Have you signed up for The School of Greatness Academy yet? This is my 8-week online course and mastermind that will change your life and business. If you have what it takes, apply today! I want to see you make something great. 🙂
HAVE YOU READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET? ORDER A COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/BOOK
- Music Credit: Nebula Rush by Sentient Pulse
You may also like these episodes:
- How to Meditate Like a Zen Monk In a Fraction of the Time
- How to Think, Train, and Thrive Like a Champion
- Arianna Huffington on Building an Empire and Her Key to Success
Did you enjoy the podcast?
If Dan can learn to meditate and get huge value out of it, any of us can. Are you a skeptic or believer in meditation?
let us know your thoughts