Sports has always been a big part of my life and I’ve always wanted to be a champion.
After football was over, I wanted to know if I could continue to apply the “champion’s mind” into other areas of my life. As I started to do the same rituals and mindset exercises while growing my business that I used to do in sports, I realized they were all as effective for me in that arena as well… and I loved that it was so similar!
I’m excited to dive into this topic as this is the juicy side of greatness.
Welcome to episode 88 of the School of Greatness with sports psychologist and author, Jim Afremow.
The School of Greatness Podcast
“Self awareness is the key to change.” – Jim Afremow (Click to Tweet)
In This Episode, You Will Discover:
- How athletes, entrepreneurs and everyday individuals can tap into the Champion’s Mind
- Easy solutions of overcoming your inner resistance and performance anxiety
- Understanding challenges of excelling as a preeminent female athlete
“New levels bring new devils.” – Jim Afremow (Click to Tweet)
- What a daily gut check is and how to implement it in an accountable way
- Why good people skills can facilitate and/or impede your pursuit of excellence
- Strategies for building good social relationships
“The body wins, when the mind refuses to give in.” – Jim Afremow (Click to Tweet)
- What is mental imagery, visual reps and how they work to enhance performance?
- Listen to Jim coach me through a championship process for breathing deeply
- The connection and differentiators between mental visualization, deep breathing and meditation
“The key to dealing with injuries is to make rehab your new sport until you get your game back.” – Jim Afremow (Click to Tweet)
- How and why to create an environment of excellence
- About the 5 Stages of Loss that injured athletes travels through
- Why the “attitude of gratitude” is so important to greatness
- Plus much more…
“No one is positive all the time. The key is to be vitally engaged in life.” – Jim Afremow (Click to Tweet)
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Learn more about Natalie Cook the Australian Olympian
- Learn more about Mikaela Shiffrin the Alpine Skiing Olympian
- Learn more about Tim Howard and his relationship with sleep
- Pick up a copy of The Champion’s Mind
- Connect with Jim Afremow:
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
- Get your design project underway with a $99 Power Pack Upgrade
- Music Credit: KillHer by Vamped
Did you enjoy the podcast?
What was the most interesting concept you took away from this episode? Please share in the comments section below and pass this along to a friend who you think would enjoy learning how to tap into the Champion’s Mind as well.
“There is nothing wrong with visualizing great things, but you also have to have the law of commitment to follow up.” – Jim Afremow (Click to Tweet)