I’m a big fan of meditation.
But I wouldn’t say I’m an expert at it.
In fact, I have a really hard time clearing my very active mind of thoughts if I’m not following along to a guided track.
So when I heard today’s guest, Bill Harris, speak at Dave Asprey’s recent bio-hacking event, I got really interested in what he was saying.
He explained that his sound technology, Holosync, works with the wiring of the brain to slip you into deep meditation eight times faster than traditional techniques.
If you think this is far-fetched, you’ll have to listen to Bill explain it. His technique not only makes sense, but his meditation product has sold over 2 million copies around the world and has allowed him to share the stage with the likes of the Dalai Lama and Stephen Covey.
He is one of today’s most well-known self-improvement leaders and has built an impressive business, The Centerpointe Research Institute, over the last 25 years. He also is a legitimate musician whose music still gets radio airtime.
What I loved most about this interview though, was the discussion we had about the role of awareness in building successful lives and relationships. One of my greatest accomplishments in the past couple of years has been learning how to transform my struggle with anger into awareness and freedom.
If you’ve been looking for a realistic way to begin meditating, Episode 106 of The School of Greatness is your ticket.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
“Essentially you are creating the brain wave patterns of someone who has been meditating for 30 years.”
Some questions I ask:
- What is your Holosync sound technology and how did you get into creating this?
- Why is using sound technology in meditation more effective than just no sound?
- Why is awareness so powerful for our life and being successful?
- How come we don’t learn about awareness and meditation early on or until we are in extreme pain?
- What is a good daily habit someone can realistically form to incorporate meditation?
In This Episode, You Will Discover:
- How he went from $12,000 in sales his first year to over $1 million in his fifth year
- The benefit to skipping the long learning curve of traditional meditation
- The reason your sympathetic nervous system has to be calmed to see results from meditation
- What biologically happens to the chemicals in your brain when you meditate
- Why Zen monks are so calm
“Awareness provides the solution to every human problem that has a solution.”
- How the bad stuff that has happened to us controls our awareness unless we actively change that
- The Buddhist technique to shift your awareness away from what’s troubling you
- About my own transformation from anger to awareness
- That you can meditate in bed first thing in the morning (sounds good to me!)
- The key to starting and keeping a habit like meditation (focus on long-term benefits rather than short-term)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Try a demo of Holosync for free
- Follow Bill’s company Centerpointe
Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
- Music Credit: Death Keeps Marching by ShadowBeatz
You may also like these episodes:
- How to Think, Train, and Thrive Like a Champion
- How to Protect and Heal Your Brain, Reverse Injury and Overcome Disorders
- Increase Your IQ, Lose 100 Pounds and Add Years to Your Life with Dave Asprey
Did you enjoy the podcast?
When I heard Bill explain the science behind meditation and his technology, I was really intrigued. It sounds amazing to be able to go into deep meditation almost immediately. What are your biggest struggles with meditation?
“Whatever you focus on repeatedly tends to determine what happens in your life.”
let us know your thoughts