Want to build a life and business around doing what you love? Me too. Let’s connect.
Most of us have strong feelings about habits.
We love the ones that help us be better and we hate the ones that hold us back.
But have you ever thought about how habits affect our happiness?
Today’s guest on The School of Greatness has thought a lot about this.
Gretchen Rubin is a hugely successful author and blogger (and former attorney) who researches the best ways to create happy, healthy lifestyles.
In her newest book, she studies how to use your personality strengths and weaknesses to mindfully create habits that work to your advantage.
On a deeper level, she talks about how all of the small daily choices we make add up to our whole lives, and how we can save energy by making good choices a habit.
I loved connecting with and learning from Gretchen in this conversation and can’t wait for you to as well in Episode 187 with Gretchen Rubin.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What are the questions you can ask yourself to discover how to become happier?
- What’s the one habit that gives you the most freedom in your daily life?
- How does money play with happiness?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The 4 Tendencies of How We Meet Expectations
- Obligers – people who meet others’ expectations but not their own
- Upholders – people who meet others’ and their own expectations
- Questioners – people who question every expectation – they need reasons for everything
- Rebels – people who resist all expectations
- Habits are all about decision-making: behaviors that are on auto-pilot
- Why life transitions are the best times to make new habits (even when things are crazy)
- What kind of lifestyles cause unhappiness
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin – podcast
- Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives
- Take the quiz to find out what your expectation type is
- Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It
- Happier at Home: Kiss More, Jump More, Abandon Self-Control, and My Other Experiments in Everyday Life
- FOLLOW GRETCHEN
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
Text GREATNESS to 38470 to get added to the early bird preview book list for the School of Greatness book 🙂
- Music Credit: Hero Vs Villan by KrexMusic
You may also like these episodes:
- The Power of Emotional Courage to Transform Your Habits with Peter Bregman
- Ramit Sethi on Building an Empire, Powerful Habits, and The Art of Becoming the Best
- What Mindfulness and Daydreaming Have to Do with Getting Things Done
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Gretchen nailed it when she talked about how we form habits and how to create ones that stick! What expectation personality type are you?
“One of the best ways to make yourself happy is to make others happy. One of the best ways to make others happy is to make yourself happy.”