Interested in learning how to build a life and business around doing what you love? So am I. Let’s connect.
If you’ve never experienced or been a part of a toxic relationship, congratulations!
You will still benefit from listening to this episode on The School of Greatness, however.
For the rest of us, this conversation with Transformation Coach Chris Lee (back for the 5th time by popular demand!) is powerful.
I’ve been a part of toxic relationships more than once, and they aren’t pretty.
And yet I stayed in them long after I should have.
Can you relate?
If so, the 10 steps Chris lays out in our conversation will be massively helpful to you.
Take it from me: toxic relationships are not worth it, whether they are romantic, professional, family, friends, whatever.
But it can be really really hard to end them if you don’t know how.
That’s why Chris and I wanted to discuss this process on the podcast. He breaks down each step, walks you through the how and why, and drops a lot of wisdom along the way.
This process is powerful and can free you from relationships in your life that need to shift or go away.
Listen close to Episode 164 with Chris Lee.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Why is it so hard to say goodbye to a toxic relationship even when we know it’s not the right fit?
- How does someone discover what they want in a relationship if they don’t know?
- What are your tools to get the courage to have the big conversations?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How toxic friends are like vampires
- Why we sometimes don’t recognize toxic relationships for what they are
The 10 Steps
Step 1: Identify if you’re in a toxic relationship
Step 2: Keep a record
Step 3: Identify the rewards of being in a toxic relationship
Step 4: Give up the excuses
Step 5: Get clear on your vision for your relationship (My vision for my relationship with _____________ is . . .)
Step 6: The Conversation – Be firm and clear that the relationship is over
Step 7: Grieve and mourn the loss of the relationship
Step 8: Fill the emptiness with positive people and activities
Step 9: Write down the lessons learned
Step 10: Self-love
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Listen to all of Chris’ past episodes on the show:
- FOLLOW CHRIS
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
- Music Credit: Children 2015 by Robert Miles
You may also like these episodes:
- The Truth About Successful Relationships
- Simple Ways to Increase Confidence and Overcome the Fear of Rejection with Jordan Harbinger
- How to Overcome Addictions and Be Courageously Vulnerable with Glennon Melton
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I’m pretty sure everyone can relate to what Chris and I talked about. Which Chris episode has been the most impactful for you? What has worked for you to end toxic relationships?