Interested in learning how to build a life and business around doing what you love? So am I. Let’s connect.
I’m going to take a wild guess that you already know that sleep affects how well you function.
You’re also probably aware that sleep quality is part of the equation (not just quantity).
But did you realize that what time of day you go to bed, what you do for the two hours leading up to that, and what you do when you wake up have a big impact on your sleep?
Because I’m obsessed with learning how to optimize everything for greatness that I can, I’ve started paying more attention to the little habits in my life that can have big results.
So when I heard about today’s guest on The School of Greatness, Shawn Stevenson, I knew I had to get him on the show.
Shawn is not only a sleep expert and best-selling author, but he has spent the last ten plus years studying how to optimize all parts of your daily routine to help you function at maximum capacity.
He is a fountain of knowledge about everything from eating right to setting up your bedroom to how sex affects sleep!
I asked him a ton of questions and he gave helpful answers to all of them.
If you’re one of many who struggle to get quality sleep, Episode 122 is a must listen.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- How important is hydration for your body to sleep and recover?
- How does sleeping more and exercising less get you better fitness results?
- Does coffee/caffeine in the morning help us or not?
- What would the perfect sleeping and eating routine look like for a human?
- What can you do if you’re having trouble falling asleep?
- Does not having sex affect your sleep?
- How is your room set up for good sleep?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why cutting down on our sleep demolishes the rest of our work
- Why quality of sleep is more important than quantity of sleep
- How exercising early in your day helps you sleep better (even just 5 minutes)
“The change that happens within your body doesn’t happen while you’re at the gym. It happens while you are asleep.”
- That cortisol is the arch-nemesis of melatonin
- What kind of water we need to be drinking (and why water quality is so important)
- What BPA is and how to avoid drinking it
- Why kids have so much more energy than adults
- Why we crave sugar when we are sleep-deprived
- The difference between our willpower and our biology (and how to stack them both in your favor)
“If you don’t follow the rules of your body, you’re going to get pain.”
- Why 10 pm is the optimal bedtime
- How eating late at night effects your cortisol levels (and thus your sleep)
- How you can get sleep benefits from meditation
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- f.lux app
- Official BluBlocker Eagle Sunglasses
- Uvex S1933X Skyper Safety Eyewear, Black Frame, SCT-Orange UV Extreme Anti-Fog Lens
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Snake Plant – Sanseveria
- Sleep Smarter: 21 Proven Tips to Sleep Your Way To a Better Body, Better Health and Bigger Success
- Listen to The Model Health Show
- FOLLOW SHAWN
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
Have you signed up for The School of Greatness Academy yet? This is my six-month online course and mastermind that will change your life and business. If you have what it takes, apply today! I want to see you make something great. 🙂
- Music Credit: Freefall by Stabby
You may also like these episodes:
- The Power of Sleep for Entrepreneurs and Elite Athletes
- When You Want to Succeed As Bad As You Want to Breathe, Then You Will Be Successful with Eric Thomas
- How to Get the Maximum Performance Out of Your Body (When You Run, Eat and Live)
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I’ve already taken several of Shawn’s tips to improve my sleep. Have you? If so, share your results in the comments below – and any other sleep tips you have found that work for you!
“We are not just a product of our environment. We are creators of our environment.”
let us know your thoughts