When a friend like Gary Vaynerchuk tells me I need to have a certain guest on the podcast, I listen up.
I was excited to meet Phil Rosenthal not only because of this recommendation, but because I knew he was going to have a lot of incredible stories.
Phil is the creator of the insanely popular TV show, Everybody Loves Raymond, which ran for 9 seasons and is still on TV today.
That in and of itself is pretty incredible.
But what I wanted to learn from Phil in our conversation on The School of Greatness was how he came up with all those ideas through the years.
Phil not only told me the secrets behind his creative process, but he also explained the truth about the preparation that went into him getting that job in the first place.
I loved learning from Phil, his perspective, and energy, and I have no doubt you will as well in Episode 244.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- How involved were you on each episode of Everybody Loves Raymond?
- What was the vision when you first wrote the show?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The difference between a mess of everyone’s visions and one clear vision on a show
- Learning what not to do is important as learning what to do in your job
- Why they decided to end the show while it was still popular
- The importance of maintaining a level of quality on all your work no matter what
- Phil’s advice to keep a journal for writing inspiration
- How to identify your sense of humor (and use it to your advantage)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- I’ll Have What Phil’s Having
- Everybody Loves Raymond
- Wallace & Gromit
- Norman Lear
- FOLLOW PHIL
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK IS ALMOST HERE! ORDER YOUR COPY NOW TO GET THE PRE-ORDER BONUSES! HTTP://GREATNESSBOOK.COM
- Music Credit: Riot by Malanastia
You may also like these episodes:
- Jon Chu on Directing in Hollywood, Creative Storytelling, and Chasing Your Dreams
- Influence, Impact, and Legacy: Inside the Mind of Music Legend Scooter Braun
- Casey Neistat on Writing Your Own Rules to Creative Success
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Phil is an awesome character and I love his energy. I was especially inspired by the story of how he created success from many failures. Has this happened to you yet?
let us know your thoughts