Oh man. I wasn’t going to post this episode.
In fact, during this conversation, I repeatedly found myself opening up and saying things I was not comfortable sharing.
But since this is The School of Greatness, I knew I had to share all the lessons I am privileged to learn myself, even the ones that aren’t comfortable.
What could I have been talking about that was so scary to share?
Relationships . . . of course.
I met today’s guest, Neil Strauss, after he had already been a NYT bestselling author 7 times.
He is best known for becoming a pick up artist by going underground into the world of that game for 2 years and then writing a book about what he learned.
But by the time I met him, he was happily engaged to his now wife, and those days were behind him.
In this episode, we started by talking about his new book, which counters his former bestseller, revealing the uncomfortable truth about what makes relationships work.
Soon into the conversation, however, the tables turned and we started discussing my experiences in relationships.
Not the kind of thing I was expecting to discuss for thousands of people to hear.
However, I learned so much from just this one conversation with Neil about myself, my relationships, and how to improve my future ones, that I knew I couldn’t keep it to myself.
Here’s the raw, vulnerable truth about relationships, my life, and the lessons Neil Strauss has learned from his own in Episode 242.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
“You shouldn’t be researching science to decide what to do with your heart.”
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why our parents’ relationship deeply affects our own perceptions of intimacy
- How our brain templates are formed in young childhood
- The power of removing blame from your parents for what isn’t working in your relationships
- What pathological accommodation is (and how it sabotages relationships)
- The importance of recognizing your own issues, not your partner’s
- How you can create a conscious coupling (just like you can create a conscious uncoupling)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The Truth: An Uncomfortable Book About Relationships
- The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists
- Helen Fisher
- Chris Ryan
- Stephanie Cootnz
- FOLLOW NEIL
HAVE YOU ORDERED YOUR COPY OF THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET?? JUST A FEW DAYS LEFT TO GET THE PRE-ORDER BONUSES! HTTP://GREATNESSBOOK.COM
- Music Credit: Somaglia – Launching #HRD0026 by Orbital (HeavyRD) Records
You may also like these episodes:
- How to Consciously End a Relationship in a Healthy Way with Katherine Woodward Thomas
- Matthew Hussey on the Secret to Attracting Your Dream Relationship
- The Truth About Successful Relationships
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Wow, I’m still terrified of this conversation and what we talked about (even though I know it’s true). Did you relate at all?
“If you’re psychologically unhealthy and have issues, no kind of relationship will work for you.”
let us know your thoughts