Want to build a life and business around doing what you love? Me too. Let’s connect.
Quick quiz: If you walk into a bar and see an attractive person, are you 100% confident about walking up to them and starting a conversation?
Maybe yes, probably no.
The truth is we’re mostly all afraid of rejection, we struggle with insecurity, and we hope that our dream partner will just show up and make it easy on us.
However, that’s not reality. Today’s guest on The School of Greatness is quick to point that out.
Matthew Hussey is a sought-after dating coach and NYT best-selling author who is a breath of fresh air in the dating advice scene.
Matt and I met a couple years ago around a TV show that he was a matchmaker on and I was impressed not only by his dating savvy but by his business savvy as well.
He is now a regular on the Today Show and hosts live events that close to 100,000 women have attended.
And his YouTube videos where he gives dating advice are amazing (I watch them myself).
He came by my studio and we had an awesome conversation (which could have gone on for hours) about the best ways to actually meet someone you are interested in. He also gave great advice about keeping desire in your existing relationship.
Beyond his tips, however, Matt dove into the other reasons we struggle to meet the partner of our dreams – and it has a lot to do with entitlement.
I loved this conversation and can’t wait to have Matt back on the show.
No matter where you are at in your love life, prepare to get expert coaching from Matthew Hussey in Episode 189.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Why should your female clients trust your advice as a young bachelor?
- What are some ways women can create an opportunity to have a conversation with a guy?
- What is the biggest mistake people make when trying to find their soulmate?
- Why do so many people bail in relationships?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The importance of building the back end of your business up before you get a big opportunity for exposure
- Why Matt likes the logical side of dating versus vague advice
- Matt’s tips for starting a conversation with a guy you’re attracted to:
- “I could really use your help with something.” (make it a small favor)
- “We’re trying to guess what everyone’s job is by what they’re wearing.”
- Something very small and obvious (“OMG it’s so busy in this bar.”)
- The story of Matt’s worst breakup (and what he learned about himself)
- Why it’s so important to be well-balanced in your interests and characteristics (instead of being just really good at one thing)
- The importance of being confident and teasing AND a gentleman
- The difference between attraction and addiction in a relationship
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Ready for Love
- Bridget Jones’s Diary
- Christopher Hitchens
- Esther Perel
- The 9 Texts That Get Any Guy to Chase You
- FOLLOW MATTHEW
TEXT GREATNESS TO 38470 TO GET ON THE EARLY BIRD BOOK PREVIEW LIST (or email [email protected])
- Music Credit: Russian Boss by GreyGloomy
You may also like these episodes:
- The Art and Science of Body Language, Charisma, and Influence
- Simple Ways to Increase Confidence and Overcome the Fear of Rejection with Jordan Harbinger
- The Art of Listening: How to Master Relationships Through Communication
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I love Matt’s straight-talking advice and useful examples he gave. What are your biggest roadblocks around meeting a new love interest? Or keeping the one you have?