Interested in learning how to build a life and business around doing what you love? So am I. Let’s connect.
When you’re the former Executive Editor of Cosmopolitan Magazine, and the former Editor in Chief of Women’s Health Magazine, not to mention the current Editor in Chief of Yahoo! Health, there are a lot of opportunities that come your way.
But one in particular has taken the attention of today’s guest on The School of Greatness, Michele Promaulayko.
Around her 40th birthday, this super successful woman realized that health is something really important (and fleeting if we don’t take care of it).
That is why she took all her years of tapping into the best health minds in the world and put her experiences into a new book 20 Pounds Younger.
I first met Michele years ago at a retreat in Tahoe and was immediately impressed with her knowledge and how down to earth she was.
We’ve stayed in touch through the years and I loved sitting down with her to talk face to face about her viewpoint on health, diet, fitness, and meditation.
I know you’ll love this episode because Michele gives practical, actionable tips to start improving your health TODAY.
She also shares what some of her struggles have been and how she is using meditation to overcome them.
I am excited to share this power-packed Episode 125 with my good friend Michele Promaulayko.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Why 20 Pounds Younger instead of 20 Pounds Lighter?
- Why are there so many different opinions on health and fitness?
- What are the biggest things you learned about yourself in the process of writing this book?
- If you’re currently doing everything wrong regarding your health, what’s the best thing to start with?
- How important is gratitude in the process of living healthily?
- What’s your mission behind your work in health?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why losing 20 pounds is a benchmark for major improvement in health
- How you can “grow younger”
- The relationship between nutrition and cognition
- Why restrictive diets don’t work
- What “flexible restraint” is and how it works in your diet
- Why stress is more damaging to your weight and health than what you eat
- Her tips for mindful eating
- How our health is systemic – all aspects are woven together
- That small shifts (micro-actions) can add up to big benefits in our health
- Where “strong is the new sexy” came from and the myths surrounding weight training
- What transcendental meditation is (and why it’s good for you)
- Why taking time to unplug is so important
- How turning 40 changed her perspective on her own health
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- 20 Pounds Younger: The Life-Transforming Plan for a Fitter, Sexier You!
- Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
- James Wedmore
- Gabrielle Bernstein
- FOLLOW MICHELE
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
- Music Credit: F.O.O.L. by Slayer
You may also like these episodes:
- Lissa Rankin: How to Heal Yourself with the Power of Your Mind
- How to Double Your Energy (the Healthy Way)
- The Key to POWERFUL Sleep for Ultimate Human Performance with Shawn Stevenson
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I love Michele’s realistic but optimistic take on current health and what we can do to improve ours. As you heard me talk about it, I have plenty to work on, but I’ve also made a lot of progress in my own health habits. What did you like most about what Michele said?