“Ideas are great, execution is greater.”
This is the mantra our next guest lives by.
He is the man behind IWearYourShirt.com, a million dollar business where he gets paid to wear t-shirts for a living. A few years ago he made headlines and was on national news when he sold his last name and became known as Mr. Headsetsdotcom.
He is the master of creating money with creativity.
Before writing a single page of his new book, Creativity for Sale, he sold $75,000 worth of sponsorships (without having to pay any of it back like most book advances). He sold positions on the front cover, the back cover as well as a place for companies to advertise on every single page.
This episode is all about how to get creative with monetizing your passion.
Welcome to episode 72 with Jason SurferApp (formerly Jason Headsetsdotcom…. formerly Jason Sadler.)
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
“When you’re building a product or a service, you’ve gotta build a list. Build a small list of people that are passionate about stuff and have them buy it.”
Above is the video Jason made for me years ago when I bought my own shirt for him to wear through his company. I’d probably pay someone a lot more to create a video of this quality than what I did to “buy a shirt” but that’s why Jason is always rewarded because he over delivers.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Jason got his entrepreneurial start after realizing that his 9-5 “real job” wasn’t a good fit
- Where the idea for IWearYourShirt.com came from and the story of turning it into a million dollar business
- The connection between childhood as the “New Kid” and being an entrepreneur
- How Jason sold 204 sponsorship spots for $75,000 of a book before he wrote a single word
- About the importance of answering e-mails (how to even meet your girlfriend/boyfriend)
- Why the principle of under promise over deliver, is so important
- Taking action, launch strategies and social media
- How to deconstruct your fears when launching something and taking action
- How to get to the point where you say, “I’m ready to start.”
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Pick up your copy of Jason’s book: Creativity for Sale Book
- Explore the Creativity for Sale Website
- Misfit Con – Convention which Jason opened up for the first time
- Learn more about I Wear Your Shirt
- Connect with Jason via e-mail – [email protected] and here:
Personal Site | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
- Pick up Without Their Permission by Alexis Ohanian
- Learn about Paul Jarvis – Jason’s example of a conversational author
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
- Music Credit: Elements by Lindsey Stirling
“You don’t retire from something you love, you retire from something you hate. I started looking at that and I decided I had to start doing more stuff that I really enjoy and retirement won’t even be an idea.”
Did you enjoy the podcast?
What was the biggest thing you took away from this episode and what is the most creative way you are making money right now (or that you have done in the past? Please share in the comments section below as I’d love to hear from you.
let us know your thoughts