Interested in learning how to build a life and business around doing what you love? So am I. Let’s connect.
Guess who’s back?
A podcast favorite, the one and only James Altucher.
Even though he has been on three previous episodes of The School of Greatness, I took the opportunity while I was in New York to catch another conversation with him.
I particularly wanted to ask him about his podcast style, how he interviews guests, and his rules for listening to feedback. Then we dove into his secret to success with investments and predicting the future.
I think you’ll find his answers as interesting as I did.
If this is your first time hearing James on the show, you have to check out his previous episodes (linked below) and the book recommendations that we mention.
James is one of the smartest and most positive, not to mention successful, entrepreneurs I know, so I suggest taking his advice.
Especially listen up if you struggle with having down times in your business, mood, or overall health. His insight on this is really helpful.
Here’s to round four on Episode 133 with my good friend James Altucher.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What are the biggest lessons you’ve learned about yourself since starting your podcasts?
- How does an entrepreneur know when to take other people’s advice and when to trust his instincts?
- How do you create the right environment to get interviewees to share (and ask the right questions?)
- What do you think your greatest skill is?
- What do you think is next in business and how can someone set themselves up to be ready for that?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How he learned to go with his gut when interviewing guests
- His process for getting his guests to put their “armor” down and share their journey
- Why you should never do work just for money, luxury or girls
- The reactions he has gotten from family and friends to what he writes
- How the gatekeepers have gone away in publishing and creative work
- Why he’s investing in chemistry industries
- Why people need to realize we have down times/cycles as humans
- Why he encourages people to read fiction
“What worked in the past for many years is where you can look for the future.”
- Why he doesn’t read anything online – only books
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The James Altucher Show
- Ask Altucher
- Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder (Incerto)
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
- Robert Greene: How to Master Anything and Achieve Greatness (apologies for the poor audio quality – it was my first episode!)
- Where Good Ideas Come From
- How We Got to Now: Six Innovations That Made the Modern World
- Awaken the Giant Within : How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!
- Jesus’ Son: Stories
- FOLLOW JAMES
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
Have you signed up for The School of Greatness Academy yet? This is my six-month online course and mastermind that will change your life and business. If you have what it takes, apply today! I want to see you make something great. 🙂
- Music Credit: The Returning by Panda Eyes
You may also like these episodes:
- James Altucher: Be Happy, Make Millions, Live the Dream
- The James Altucher Takeover: How I Live My Dreams
- Why Saying No Will Bring You Health, Abundance, and Happiness
Did you enjoy the podcast?
James is a podcast favorite, so I’m guessing you did. I loved what he said about recognizing that we all have down cycles and that we need to take care of ourselves daily to be great. What was your biggest takeaway from this time around with James?
“Whenever I feel a complaint coming up in my head, I try to replace it with gratitude.”
let us know your thoughts