Think making millions will bring you happiness?
After selling his company for 15 million, living like a rock star and then pissing it away as fast as one can imagine, our next guest hit rock bottom and was contemplating suicide. He’s turned it all around now and his journey is as inspirational as they come.
This is one of the many stories you’ll hear in this episode on The School of Greatness. Even though this might sound like a dream to many of you out there, this interview makes it clear that money is not the key to happiness.
Thank you for tuning into episode #19 with the enlightened entrepreneur, James Altucher.
Subscribe on iTunes or on Stitcher Radio
The School of Greatness Podcast
“People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can easily become a self fulfilling prophecy.” Tony Robbins
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How James initially stumbled into the business world
- How he built a web development business which was THE Entertainment Web-development Company for clients like Wu-Tang Clan, Puff Daddy, Death Row Records, Miramax, Warner Brothers, HBO, Disney, Time Warner, New Line Cinema and more
- About rapid, massive success and subsequent rapid, massive failure
- How he sold his first company for $15 million and lost it in months
- How to spend a million dollars a week and end up completely broke
- What James’s motivation was to make all the money in the first place
- How he turned his life around by identifying and working on the important things:
- How he rebuilt his network and business from scratch
- An important lesson about sleep from a Canadian Kettle Bell Champion
- A simple strategy to exceed all your expectations
- How to identify if your expectations are goals or prison bars
- How to become a money magnet and let it flow straight into you
- About the importance of being aware of and accepting that your life is abundant
- Why it’s a good idea to wipe out your financial goal and build a culture of abundance in your struggling company
- How to stop looking at your bank account every day
- The most influential book James has read
- What living the dream now means to James
- How James defines GREATNESS
- “that being great today, is greatness.”
- How to get paid to read his book
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Abundance by Peter Diamandis
- The Rational Optimist by Matt Riddley
- The Tools by Phil Stutz
- Denis Johnson
- Raymond Carver
- Coolidge by Amity Shales
- Learn about the events on Mastermind Talks in Toronto
- Music Credits: Panoramic by Noisestorm
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Please leave us a review on iTunes
What did you think of the Show?
I’m loving all the messages you GREATS are sending me on Twitter and Instagram! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it and this overwhelming positive feedback is helping us stay the course and produce the best podcast we can get to you guys. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
What action step will you take from this episode? Are you or have you thought about embracing an abundance mindset and lifestyle?
Do you think all this abundance stuff is a load of hippie nonsense, or do you benefit from it on a daily basis? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below. Don’t be shy, take action now!
let us know your thoughts