I love a good workout.
I love the feeling I get when I finish.
I love the pain I feel because it shows me that I’m making progress.
And I just love feeling healthy and fit.
But I’ve had my ups and downs with fitness just like anyone else.
There was definitely a time, back when I was first getting my business off the ground, when I was working 20 hour days in a desk chair eating whatever I wanted. My family started to call me “Flewis” because of the gut I developed.
That’s when I decided it was time to take my health (and figure) back into my own hands and clean up my diet.
I quit sugar for 28 days and lost 28 pounds.
I started training hard with handball.
And I haven’t looked back since.
Even still, today’s guest on The School of Greatness put me through the paces after our interview in my studio.
Jackie Warner is a celebrity fitness trainer, TV personality, and best-selling author who has incredible experience when it comes to getting people in shape and keeping them there.
She has been the featured trainer on two main Bravo TV shows, has authored multiple books, built a few companies, and still trains personal clients today.
I was so impressed by her authenticity and candor as we discussed her entire journey up to this point, what she has learned, and where she is headed.
Not only has she found a way to stay grounded amid all of the opportunities she’s had, she’s invested in her relationships as well to take them to a new level.
If you’re looking for inspiration to actually get fit or just want to be inspired by someone who has focused on the calm in the storm, listen up in Episode 221 with Jackie Warner.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- Is there a common reason why people get addicted to working out?
- What do you love most about working with clients in fitness?
- What is the thing that holds people back the most from getting fit and staying fit?
- What are some things we can do to increase our self-esteem daily?
- If you could go back and do it again, would you still do the show Work Out?
- What keeps you grounded today?
- What’s the main reason our bodies are sick and tired in this country?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The truth about being on reality TV shows (both of our perspectives)
- How someone becomes morbidly obese (what causes that kind of addiction)
- What Jackie thinks about when she’s working out
- How Jackie started her first business at 21 after moving to LA (and made a million dollars in a year selling cell phones when they first came out)
- The difference between American’s view of beauty and other countries’ views
- Drinking 3 liters of water per day is the sweet spot for weight loss
- The relationship between sleep and mental clarity
- Why you should never let your pets sleep with you in your bed
- The reason you should buy an old school alarm clock instead of using your phone
- Eat good fats right before bed
- The hangover she had after finishing her reality show Work Out
- How Jackie changed drastically from not drinking alcohol for a year
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- This Is Why You’re Sick and Tired: (And How to Look and Feel Amazing)
- Susan Powter
- Work Out
- FOLLOW JACKIE
TEXT “GREATNESS” TO 33444 TO GET ADDED TO THE EARLY BIRD BOOK PREVIEW LIST! (OR VISIT HTTP://GREATNESSBOOK.COM)
- Music Credit: Deltabolt – Lighten by Clown
You may also like these episodes:
- How to Get the Maximum Performance Out of Your Body (When You Run, Eat, and Live)
- Get the Body and Life You Deserve with Celebrity Fitness Trainer Simone De La Rue
- Dr. Oz’s Personal Trainer on Getting Fit with No Excuses
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Jackie keeps it real; I love it! I am inspired by her heartfelt mission to help people get and stay healthy. What has been your experience with self-esteem and health?