One of the hardest things for any entrepreneur to figure out (after how to make money) is building a healthy, focused, powerful company culture.
It’s easier said than done, especially in today’s world of outsourcing, teams that live across the country from each other, virtual assistants, etc.
However, I’ve seen, time and again, that when a company knows how to make money AND gets their culture right, they’re pretty much guaranteed to succeed. One without the other doesn’t last long.
To drill down into the magic of doing this, I invited my good friend Gunnar Lovelace onto The School of Greatness.
You’ve probably heard me mention Gunnar’s super successful company, Thrive Market, on the podcast for weeks.
That’s because they’re a sponsor of the show (and I love their products!).
But I didn’t bring Gunnar on to talk just about how he built an incredibly successful company in the saturated market of health food from 10 to 400 employees in a year.
I wanted to know how he’s created such a powerful culture and brought people together who support and live the ideals that formed Thrive.
Gunnar is about as real as they get, so there are few better people to explain this.
It is my pleasure to introduce you to the mind and heart behind Thrive Market in Episode 284 with Gunnar Lovelace.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What was your biggest fear growing up?
- How do you attract, nurture, and empower talent at your company?
- How does Thrive Market compare to Whole Foods, Trader Joes, or a local health food store?
- What do you see happening in the future with Thrive?
- How are you handling your internal emotions with this massive growth and responsibility?
- How did you come up with the values that are the core of your company?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why knowing less can be a benefit to an entrepreneur in the start up phase
- How Thrive Market grew from 10 employees to 400 employees in 1 year
- Thrive Market is the fastest growing ecommerce company in Los Angeles
- Why they spend $50K a month on providing great, healthy lunch options for their employees in house
- How buying quality food from conscious businesses helps heal the healthcare crisis in the U.S.
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out Thrive and their amazing market of healthy food and lifestyle products at amazing prices. Get 1 month free membership and 20% off your order by clicking the link below:
HAVE YOU READ THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS BOOK YET? ORDER A COPY AT HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/BOOK
- Music Credit: Retrofunkish by SANDR
You may also like these episodes:
- How to Be a Jedi and Master the Mind with Tom Bilyeu of Quest Nutrition
- From Kitchen Table Startup to Silicon Valley Mega Success with Mikkel Svane
- Putting People over Profit in Business and Life with Dale Partridge
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I want to know what business idea you’ve been waiting on that you’re now going to jump into after listening to Gunnar. Leave a comment!