When I was broke and living on my sister’s couch back in 2008, I was in love with a TV show called The Big Idea.
Do you remember it?
It was hosted by today’s guest on The School of Greatness, Donny Deutsch, and it was a huge inspiration to me early on as an aspiring entrepreneur.
So when I got the chance to interview the host for the podcast, I had to take it.
I loved meeting Donny and thanking him in person for his work that inspired me (and many others) in their entrepreneurial journeys before shows like Shark Tank existed.
Donny is a hugely successful advertising executive, author, and TV personality and we dive into all the parts of his career in this interview.
I was especially fascinated by how Donny views risk, challenge, and uncertainty and how he lets those fuel him.
Whether or not you agree with him, you’ll learn a lot from Donny Deutsch in Episode 326.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What was the biggest challenge about producing The Big Idea? (5:37)
- Do you really have ADD? (6:31)
- Is advertising relevant today considering social media? (10:15)
- What is your process for pitching a brand? (11:54)
- What is the biggest fear entrepreneurs face when starting a company? (14:03)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why short meetings are the most effective (7:00)
- The danger of being wrapped in the pillow of success (15:53)
- Why Donny is fascinated by Donald Trump (20:51)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
Check out my new favorite mattress, Leesa, and get a 100 day risk-free trial and $75 off your order at http://leesa.com/greatness
JOIN ME IN OCTOBER FOR THE SUMMIT OF GREATNESS!! REGISTER HERE
- Music Credit: Changes by Axel Wernberg
You may also like these episodes:
- Gary Vaynerchuk on Leveraging Your Strengths to Win
- Mastermind James Altucher Reveals Secret to Success
- Derek Halpern: Simple (Yet Powerful) Strategies to Rapidly Grow Your Online Business
Did you enjoy the podcast?
After listening to Donny, what do you think the value of taking risks in business is?