When you think of unforgettable stories, which ones are they?
When you think of powerful, epic brands, which ones are they?
Have you ever noticed how powerful brands usually have powerful stories associated with them?
There’s no coincidence there. That is what today’s guest on The School of Greatness has become a master at.
Donald Miller is a NYT bestselling author and founder of a company called StoryBrand which has helped the biggest brands in the world, right up to the White House, develop powerful stories that explain their brand.
I met him last year through amazing friends in Nashville and it was incredible to sit down with him this last weekend when I was there again for an interview. We also got to take some awesome lifestyle pics at his beautiful home, thanks to photographer Spencer Combs, founder of Wedable.
Not only is Donald a master storyteller, but he has also learned firsthand how to tap into the power of vulnerability in storytelling.
No matter what kind of business, project, or hobby you are working on right now, his insight into telling your story is golden.
Be prepared for an amazing story in Episode 332 with Donald Miller.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play or TuneIn
The School of Greatness Podcast
“The only way that we actually change is by overcoming hard things.”
Some questions I ask:
- In order to continue to experience joy, do we need to keep experiencing pain? (4:00)
- How much of your work is connected to The Hero’s Journey? (6:59)
- Why do we want to rescue people? (14:47)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why it’s so important to have a new goal ready when you accomplish something (6:01)
- The signs to look for to avoid getting into a relationship with someone who has a victim mindset (12:41)
- The impact of losing a father at a young age (23:15)
- Why stories are so powerful (32:48)
- Why simple stories are the ones that are remembered (34:25)
- How to craft an amazing brand story (36:05)
- The power of making your business about your customer instead of you (39:44)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out my new favorite mattress, Leesa, and get a 100 day risk-free trial and $75 off your order at http://leesa.com/greatness
Get 20% off your first order (and free shipping) of the incredibly comfortable MeUndies when you order at http://meundies.com/greatness
- Music Credit: Never Forget You by Extan
You may also like these episodes:
- Tell Your Story and Steal the Show with Michael Port
- How to Craft, Communicate and Cash In On Your Personal Story
- Josh Shipp: How to Build an Empire of Impact
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Who is your customer? What is their story?
“The people who have the biggest impact in life are the people who think they should.”
let us know your thoughts