I’ve been talking to so many young people lately who are not sure how to make a name for themselves. They feel stuck at a certain level and aren’t sure what it’s going to take to start making the income they want doing the things the love.
The key is promoting yourself . . . but in the right way.
That’s what this episode is all about. How to hustle for the long run and get what you want.
Welcome to episode 96 of the School of Greatness with my friend and New York Times bestselling author, Dan Schawbel.
The School of Greatness Podcast
In This Episode, You Will Discover:
- The interesting lifestyles changes in social networking with people
- How Dan Schawbel defines what a brand means
- The story of Dan’s career and what he learned about the importance of brands
- What it was like to co-create the first social media manager position ever
- How Dan found corporate sponsorships for his book
- Hilarious stories of the Details Magazine shoot and why Seth Godin wouldn’t participate
- How the power of brands got me and Dan the spread in Details Magazine
- Why personal branding is the best place to invest
- The necessary foundation of building a powerful personal brand today
- The things you really need to do that no one teaches you in school
- The gap between the school system and the corporation
- The best brands and why they are great
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out the Brand Called You that Dan mentions
- Listen to past guests mentioned in this show James Altutcher, Tim Ferriss and Ryan Holiday
- Pick up a copy of Dan’s books:
- Connect with Dan Schawbel:
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
- Music Credit: Out Of Time ft. Splitbreed by Excision & Dion Timmer (Terravita Remix)
Did you enjoy the podcast?
What’s a personal or business brand you are attracted to the most? What is it about the person or brand that draws you to them? Please share in the comments section below who your favorite brand is and what it is you like about them.