Everyone makes mistakes, but our next guest on the School of Greatness made one and ended up paying a steep price.
Despite a promising career as one of the top classically trained violinists in the country under the age of 18 and a history of academic accomplishments, he found himself guilty of a crime that landed him a sentence of 6 to 25 years in prison.
This is the first of a two part series with a man who came out of prison and became the number one jazz violinist in the world. Please welcome my hero and only blood brother, Christian Howes.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher Radio and SoundCloud
The School of Greatness Podcast
“That was my challenge every day, to better myself. I can’t do $#%t, I’m in prison, the only thing I can do every day is to better myself and to become a better human being.” – Christian Howes
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How at the age of 19, Christian Pleaded Guilty for Drug Trafficking and Received 6-25 Years in Prison
- How the Mandatory Minimum Sentences Work
- Inside the Undercover Sting Operation that Built the Case
- The Process of Going to Prison (and the crazy stories inside it)
- About Solitary Confinement aka “The Hole”
- About the Ross Correctional Vocational Music Program – The Warden’s Band
- The Scariest Experience He Had to Face While in Prison
- How Christian Survived (and Thrived) in Prison
- That Convicts Struggle with the Daily Choice Between Improvement and Checking Out
- How He Lost his Fear of Promoting Himself
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Call Reluctance: The Fear of Self Promotion by George W. Dudley
- Sponsor Onnit and products: Shroomtech, Alpha Brain Hemp Force
- Learn more about Christian Howes
- Connect with Christian: Twitter | YouTube
- Music Credit: Being Human by Skrux ft. Mona Moua (Arkana Remix)
“Going to prison totally flipped my script. All bet’s were off and I knew I could go all out.”
Did you enjoy the podcast?
What’s the biggest thing you took away from this episode? Imagine yourself going to prison… how would that feel and what would you focus on each day you were in there? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below, and if you enjoyed this episode share it with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
let us know your thoughts