Oh man, I can’t wait for you to listen to today’s conversation on The School of Greatness.
Especially if you are afraid of public speaking.
Have you ever listened to a powerful speech or spoken word performance and been mesmerized?
And wished you could do the same?
Sekou Andrews is here to teach you how.
He is one of the very best spoken word poets in the world and has developed an amazing performance style called poetic voice.
But he didn’t start out thinking he’d be a poet.
He was a school teacher.
And then he realized there was a bigger purpose for his voice.
Sekou not only shared a powerful performance of one of his poems during our interview, but he also gave TONS of really helpful tips on how anyone can improve their speaking skills.
His advice is some of the best coaching I’ve ever heard – and he has the qualifications to back it up.
Be sure to give yourself the gift of listening to Sekou’s insight and inspiraton in Episode 410.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- What is poetic voice? (0:57)
- Can you have too much performance? (19:35)
- What is something everyone could use more of speaking on stage? (20:34)
- What is your process for preparing a performance or speech? (21:43)
- What’s the best way (and worst way) to open a speech? (25:59)
- How can someone become a master speaker? (34:33)
- How important is it to memorize parts of a speech? (38:33)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Sekou performs a part of his piece “Voiceful” (10:28)
- The key to good audience management from the stage (23:16)
- Sekou’s advice to people who are terrified of public speaking (30:13)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- Check out Organifi, my favorite healthy green juice mix, and get 20% off when you use the code “lewis”
- Music Credit: Sunshine by Extan
You may also like these episodes:
- A Conversation on Poetry, Life, and the Vulnerability of Pursuing Dreams
- Open Your Mind and Move the World with Prince Ea
- Tell Your Story and Steal the Show with Michael Port
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Talk about inspiring. AMAZING.