Want to build a life and business around doing what you love? Me too. Let’s connect.
It’s easy to look at super successful entrepreneurs and assume they have some sort of leg up or secret in the game.
It’s also easy to believe that some entrepreneurs are just lucky, and that’s why they succeed.
Sometimes you might even find yourself thinking that there’s no way you can be as successful as others you look up to.
Today’s guest on The School of Greatness is one of the most successful entrepreneurs I know.
In fact, Darren Hardy is the publisher of Success Magazine, one of the premier publications in the arena.
But he has forged his own path, marked by many failures (several of which he mentions in this interview), and he gives his wisdom out generously.
I loved talking with him (I took several notes) because Darren has learned all his lessons himself, by actually trying, and by surrounding himself with great mentors.
Darren breaks down the most important skills an entrepreneur needs to develop (and how to become incredible with sales) as well as the mindset a successful entrepreneur needs to weather the ups and downs of starting a business.
I could have talked to Darren for a long time, but I am so excited to share the nuggets he was able to give in the time we had on Episode 190.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- How did you learn these essential skills yourself?
- What are the intangibles that entrepreneurs should be focusing on (that they aren’t typically)?
- How should you deal with haters as you become more successful?
- Have you had any huge failures? And what was missing from you that they didn’t succeed?
- What do entrepreneurs need to know about sales to make it simple?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- 66% of small businesses fail
- The 4 Essential Skills One Needs to Master to Become Successful As an Entrepreneur
- Why the people closest to us sometimes hope we fail (sub-consciously)
- How much money Darren has lost in ventures that didn’t pan out (and he’s still really successful)
- That each of us has a “superpower” – something we do that no one else can do better
- Darren’s formula for a successful business:
- Find something you’re really really good at and enjoy doing
- Figure out how to make that something people want to buy
- Determine how to sell it at a profit
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster: Why Now Is the Time to #JoinTheRide
- Get first 2 chapters free ^^
- Success Magazine
- Paul J. Meyer
- Jeff Bezos
- FOLLOW DARREN
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
TEXT GREATNESS TO 38470 TO GET ON THE EARLY BIRD BOOK PREVIEW LIST (or email email@example.com)
- Music Credit: Link by IllegalCarrot
You may also like these episodes:
- The 6 Skills Every Successful Entrepreneur Needs with Amy Wilkinson
- Putting People Over Profit in Business and Life with Dale Partridge
- From Kitchen Table Startup to Silicon Valley Mega-Success with Mikkel Svane
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I loved learning from Darren about his path to success, his sales skills, and his viewpoint on where entrepreneurs can do better. How do you see yourself differently as an entrepreneur after listening to him?