Want to build a life and business around doing what you love? Me too. Let’s connect.
If you could interview 200 of the top entrepreneurs in the country, do you think you’d find some similarities?
Amy Wilkinson guessed that she would.
And she did.
Over 5 years of research later, she just came out with a new book that examines the top 6 traits that very successful entrepreneurs share.
So of course I had to have her come talk on The School of Greatness.
Amy is a brilliant woman who has worked at the White House and co-founded a company in Silicon Valley (as well as taught at Ivy League universities).
In our conversation, we discuss these top traits and Amy gives awesome (real life) examples to illustrate each one.
I used our conversation as a checklist to see what I was doing right AND what I can improve on.
I invite you to do the same in Episode 173.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- How did you choose who to interview for this book (out of all high-impact entrepreneurs)?
- Why are there just 6 common ingredients for successful entrepreneurs?
- What’s the best way to develop a great winning team internally?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The little-known secret behind UnderArmor’s amazing fabric
- 6 Essential Skills for Extraordinary Entrepreneurs
1. Find the Gap – what is missing in your space?
2. Drive for Daylight – look for the light on the horizon (not your competitors)
3. Fly the OODA Loop – (Observe, Orient, Decide, and Act) out-maneuveur your competition faster than they can react
4. Fail wisely – fail incrementally, not catastrophically
5. Network minds – bring diverse brain power to you
6. Gifting small goods – forward a resume, critique a proposal, etc. that helps someone else out
- The big reasons why entrepreneurs fail: money and teams
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The Creator’s Code: The Six Essential Skills of Extraordinary Entrepreneurs
- Bob Langer
- Howard Schultz – Starbucks
- Elizabeth Holmes – Theranos
- FOLLOW AMY
- Music Credit: Last Night a DJ Saved My Life by POSSO
You may also like these episodes:
- Noah Kagan: Genius Marketer on Why He Got Fired by Facebook and Made Millions Anyway
- Ramit Sethi on Building an Empire, Powerful Habits, and The Art of Becoming the Best
- How a Gang Kid Becomes a Multimillionaire Entrepreneur
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Amy is a powerhouse of information and research on what makes entrepreneurs successful. Did any of her six skills surprise you?